- by Firefox user 13564563, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5for years I`ve been very happy with ColorfulTabs.
Especially the option of duplicating tabs was very helpful for me.
Since I updated FF to Quantum it doesn`t work anymore.
So sad :(
- by Firefox user 13563356, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Developer is delusional. Apparently it works but at the same time it is Mozilla's fault but we should vote 5 stars to not tarnish the reputation of the add-on. What?
- by eliyah, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I find this very unfriendly to those of us with suboptimal vision.
Instead of just giving each tab a different color, which is the way the developer describes it, this extension turns everything from the top of the window to the top of the web page the same color, and leaves all of the rest of the tabs white with black lettering. In other words, clicking on the first tab makes that tab and the rest of the top of the window Color 1, activating the second tab makes the second tab and the rest of the top of the window Color 2, etc.
The developer makes it sound like the tabs all have different colors even when inactive, which would have helped me distinguish between tabs without having to read the teeny tiny print on each one. It does ease my difficulty reading tiny white lettering on a black background, so at least Colorful Tabs does help, but black letters on most of the tab colors are almost as hard to read as white letters on a black background.
I'm just sorry I didn't notice that my settings had changed to automatic updates, because now I'll have to wait six months for enough extensions to be developed to make Firefox usable for me. In the meantime, I guess I'll go back to Safari for a while with my tail tucked between my legs.
- by BlackBart 1955, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I use Firefox Themes. I used to like Colorful Tabs when it was just Colorful Tabs, but now, it turns off the Themes. It's bad enough that Firefox has eliminated the border and Status Bar on the bottom, to be a part of the Themes, but now, with Colorful Tabs installed, the entire theme disappears. It doesn't come back until Colorful Tabs is uninstalled.
- by mimteatr, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thanks but there are some problems... why it colorizes also the menu and bookmarks toolbars?
it also kills themes! I just want the tabs colorized, is it possible?
- by Firefox user 13547693, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Any Idea WHEN you will have it working as it did before?
Without colourfultabs microsoft edge is 1000000000 times better than firefox 57
Until the FF 57 is a no starter
Personally I HATE FF57, it appears to be a slow clunky copy of Microsoft edge version one
- by magicsunset, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I always used the old colorful tabs scheme with a wide range of colors to choice, coloring any single tab in your own preferred color. So happy when I found this one for FF 57 - but unfortunately at the moment it does not work as before. So at the moment 3 of 5 stars to the developer and really zero stars for FF 57! So I think we all are patient and wait some time and one day Colorful Tabs will be back working as the old one - a very useful 5 stars tool.
- by jeanne, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5My colorful tabs are gone! All tabs and the toolbar are now the same color. What happened to all my colors? I couldn't stand the one color so I disabled this add-on. Please change it back ASAP.
- by Firefox user 13498591, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5LOVE COLORFUL TABS - HATE FF57!
Sorry, but the tabs are not working as before. I restarted browser after installation, as directed. Only one tab has color.
- by Sam, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love it, because it is not only more beautiful to look at a colorful screen, but because it makes me find my tab extra easily.
When you PIN your tabs, they lose the original colors you used, but they are still colorful. the non-pinned tabs, show the colors only after you click on them.
However, I believe that this is due to the latest upgrade (Or not so upgrade - because I haven't examined it yet), and not by fault of the designer, whom I think will overcome this issue sooner than we think.
THANKS BIG TIME
- by Firefox user 13536145, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5When enabled colorful tabs use to be usable while also using themes now when used for ver. 57 it disables any themes you are using. Colorful tabs are no longer very colorful since only 1 tag is colored. Not impressed so far.
- by Firefox user 13373362, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've just signed up to rate this addon to tell that before Firefox 57, it was the best out there to color tabs.
Yes, sadly it doesn't work with 57 yet, but hopefully it will.
Thanks a lot for creating this addon!
PS: Maybe deactivate the compatibility of the plugin when checking it to prevent people trying it with FF57? A lot of other Add-Ons have "not compatible with FF57".
- by Mike, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Obviously the developer is making great efforts to restore the functionality of this extension in FF57+. Several of my favorite addons bit the dust with Quantum. At this point it's a waiting game. I'm willing to hang in there to see what happens down the road. My thanks to the developer of Colorfultabs for keeping us informed as things continue to move forward.