Rated 3.6 out of 5
3.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13632726, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Patience for how long? It has been over a month since release and more than a year since web extensions were announced and documented. Citing some obscure bug as the reason to justify 4-5 star votes against the shambolic way this has been "updated" and "is being worked on" (supposedly) is beyond convenient.
This is now a 1 star add-on, because that is the lowest rating possible. Forget the past, that doesn't matter now. Install it today and you can get weird colors like your graphics driver has messed up. If you really want to encourage or support the developer, then donate, do not rig the rating.
- by Firefox user 13482800, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5So far, in Firefox 57, for me it's not worth using. If it ever has similar functionality to it's previous-to-firefox-57 state I'll probably start using it again.
- by Firefox user 13627120, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I always used this add-on and wished it looked like the screen shot. I don't like the color bar all the way across the screen I preferred just the tab the new approach is too distracting. I had customized colors for my commonly used sites but it doesn't appear that the new version allows this. Random colors are not helpful. Also when only the selected tab is colorized and have to read the tabs rather than just selecting a color. Hopefully it will improve but for now bye, bye
- by worseldine, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Ok everyone we get it you’re disappointed that colorful tabs are not performing as it once did, BUT Shivanand Sharma is doing his best.
the reason that colorful tabs is not working as it did pre FF57 is because THERE ARE BUGS IN FF57 which are affecting a large portion of developers including Shivanand efforts to get their apps working as they once did.
Stop with this ill founded 1 staring those developers who are affected, because it’s not fair and will only result in developers heading for the hills and abandoning the app and likely not even bother with developing others. Making the statement that colorful tabs use to be good but is not now and giving a 1 star is not helpful and gives an unfair rating on the current version.
Yes we all want colorful tabs to run as it once did and none more so than Shivanand himself. Shivanand has managed to get a version of colorful tabs working all be it not as it once did he hopes that in time it will work as we all want it to but comparing the new version 32 to the version 31 should not be done its unfair and not helpful especially when Shivanand is being hampered by Mozilla programming of ff57.
As to colorful tabs- version 31 works in FF56 and below [I have ff55 running] so if you can't practice a little patience and understanding the best option is don't disrespect the developers by making negative statements and berating them for something that is out of their control. Giving a 1 star rating because the new version does not work the same way as the pre ff57 version is out of order and total unfair. If you can’t be objective on the new version 32 which runs on ff57 without comparing it to the version 31 which run on ff56 and below then you should not make a rating at all. Just practice a little patience and understanding and wait until Mozilla have ironed out the ff57 bugs.
You could also simply revert to a previous version of FF but make sure you disable both FF & COLORFUL TABS updates and simply wait until the FF57 bugs are corrected. DON'T yell at the add-on developers by giving just 1 star as it WILL simply kill the add-on of, BEST to not make a comment at all and just check back to see what the latest news on those FF57 bugs and if they have been corrected.
Remember FF57 HAS A NUMBER OF BUGS stopping developer’s attempts to get some of the older add-ons working correctly for now. Give the developers credit where due but don’t disrespect them when the ff57 bug strikes it’s not their fault.
I have given a 4 star rating for the current version of colorful tabs as others say it is disabling themes [yes i do have it running on my small notebook which i do not use often and I don’t use themes, i have had no issues with the new version other than the one tab only being coloured at a time but that’s down to ff57 bug]. But i give a 5+ star rating for version 31.
- by pgchase, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have it disabled because Firefox Themes stops working when Colorful Tabs is turned on. I check periodically. Today 12/20/2017 it is still happening. Using Firefox 57 and 58 beta (on two PC's).
- by Patrick Larkin, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I was looking for something to replace TabMixPlus' ability to highlight tabs which have been "unread". This extension is not it! It kills off my theme, replacing it with garish white background (for menu bar and tab-bar) and neon candy-store colors for the active tab and bookmark bar. NO THANKS.
- by Firefox user 13608911, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Once and if it is fixed I will give 5 stars, sure. I am not going to give 5 stars to "encourage and support" the developers to do this, one day, maybe. Sorry, no, that's not how it works.
This is junk until fixed and it should have either been fixed over to the webextensions standard during the more than 1 year Mozilla gave or it should have continued to stay disabled as a legacy add-on until it was ready. Rolling out a broken update and expecting anything other than 1 star is whack.
- by Kindhorse, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I blame FF not the Colorful Tabs developer. Other favorites don't work as before either.
What's a good substitute for FF (which I've had for many years)? Safari? Microsoft Edge? Chrome? What???????
- by Firefox user 13451247, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I decided not to update FF to 57 simply to keep this extension working on my PC - it just simplifies my online life!
I'll wait to update till there's a full-functioning upgrade of Colorful Tabs.
- by Helgi, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5It used to be better, now it changes the color of not only the tabs, but the entire theme. This is not acceptable and not beautiful. It would be better to remake it.
- by Firefox user 13594011, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'd love to give this a 5-star review, but I simply cannot.
The developer has recently stopped providing support for versions of Firefox prior to 57 (Quantum), which also includes the latest Waterfox version (56). As such, the most-recent version of the add-on for versions prior to 57 (31.2.3) does not have support for multi-process. As such, you have to disable it to make the add-on work.
If the developer is willing to provide an update for 31.2.3 to fix the multi-process bug, I will amend this review accordingly. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I'd be willing to donate specifically for this to be done, so long as I could be guaranteed that donating would go specifically to this end.
In the meantime, I will have to make do without multi-process.