Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 16477347, 2 days agoRated 5 out of 5This extension is so great ! I'm using only the user agent spoofing which is great, it uses common UAs and works well compared to "random user agent" extension (which is not even open source).
I'm using it in combination to CanvasBlocker which I prefer to know what sites have requested, but the choice is hard between these 2 outstanding extensions.
Thank you !
The only "issue" I had is I cannot prevent website from detecting my GPU.
- by FoxTL, 5 days agoRated 5 out of 5Does this work with TOR browser? I only want to change the OS randomly in the headers, but am also concerned about privacy and anti-tracking. I do not know what all the settings mean in this addon. How to maintain privacy and avoid tracking on TOR while using this addonn?
Developer responseposted 4 days agoHi,
Chameleon can work with the Tor Browser although that somewhat defeats the purpose of using it. The Tor Browser tries to maintain a uniform browser fingerprint across all platforms. It might be a bit extreme for daily usage. I suggest checking out the wiki to learn more about Chameleon and some other privacy resources: https://sereneblue.github.io/chameleon/wiki.
- by Firefox user 16225117, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Nice add-on
it would be great if you add custom screen size value support
I want to set 1280x720 screen size, but it's not available in values
Also enabling "spoof font fingerprint" causes different font faces to look the same is that a bug or expected behavior?
Thanks for the effort you put in on this.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoHi,
1280x720 isn't included because it's not a common resolution. 1366x768 is usually the minimum for modern screen sizes (laptops). When fonts are spoofed, unique system fonts may not be supported so the browser falls back to a limited number of basic fonts. If you visit https://browserleaks.com/fonts with "spoof font fingerprint" enabled and different profiles (Windows, macOS, Linux, etc), the fonts listed under "JS Fonts (classic)" will change.
- by Sergey Twersky, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very cool extension! But, tell me, what can I disable so that it continues to change the user agent on YouTube, but does not spoil the video? Or white window appears, covering half of video, or half of video is covered with collored stripes.
- by Firefox user 12807353, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5The UI/options and documentation might be a little bit unintuitive and sparse, imho. However, with experimentation to figure out what each option really does, this really is a highly effective tool that runs smoother than the 2 or 3 other addons it replaces.
- by Arnold_Rac, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 5I love your plugin but Your latest Version 0.20.3.1 has a few bugs,
1. it stops sites to work properly, I have to disable it to make them work and then I re enable your plugin, It doesn't let Dailymotion video to play when its embeded in site.
2. It usually do not pick up timezone whereas previous version did.
and this new version doesn't let me delete the email in tutanota mail earlier I used to (again I disable plugin to delet mail and then reenable it)
and there are few other things... so on...
3. You imposed a few features rather giving choice like Cookie (Policy). There is no way to disable it, once has to select Allow visit bare minimum whereas the fact is I already use Firefox privacy feature to handle cookie functionality.
May I know why you will fix them?
Please create an issue here so that I can ensure that the issues you're facing can be resolved. https://github.com/sereneblue/chameleon/issues
Depending on the settings you enable, Chameleon will break things. I can try to resolve some issues but I need to know more information (like your settings).
1. This may be caused by a number of settings.
2. Can you list the URLs timezone spoofing is not working for you? I'd need to know your settings to help fix the issue with tutanota.
3. Chameleon allows you to conveniently manage some Firefox preferences like the cookie options. It preserves your existing settings so this should not cause issues. There was a bug in v0.20.0 for the cookie options that caused the settings to be reset, but that has been fixed.
- by HELPINGREVIEWZ, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5latest version not functional. cannot set timezone, and many other parameters. go back to earlier version which worked. Because you screwed up your upgrade. we are not here to debug your bad programs.
- by cluelessdev, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, thanks sereneblue. Too bad last updates (v0.20.1 now) took over Firefox cookies management and you can't manage cookies permissions on a per-site basis anymore. Or can you?
I used to allow cookies only from a handful of websites.Hi cluelessdev, I've actually never used that specific feature in Firefox and I'm not sure where it's located. I've checked and it used to be accessible as mentioned in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1200198 but I can't seem to find it. Chameleon doesn't handle cookie permissions on a per-site basis but you should be able to do that with uMatrix or Cookie Autodelete.