- by Firefox user 14001516, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5WTF is this useless crap? Only identifies - you must still go through and individually delete dupes. You can merely do that in FF's poorly designed bookmark manager and waste as much time without some bum tracking you online.
- by Leo, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5If it can show why the bookmarks are considered as error, e.g. 404, 500, or network error, it would be better. And the other thing is that the paths of duplicated bookmarks are not complete, I couldn't decide which to delete since they usually in two different but same name folders.
- by Lee-Jr, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very Helpful. The ability to delete the redirects is great. Additionally, the ability to review each bookmark and edit/delete/correct each and even double click to open in a new tab (to copy the home page addy and edit the bookmark) is a great tool. The one I had in prior FF versions basically only offered bulk delete options. Vielen Dank!
- by Jezze, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very useful! Sure there are some false-positive 404's. But overall this add-on saves me a lot of time finding broken or duplicate links. One suggestion, the add-on should try to cut the "end" of a link and check if rest still exists. e.g. www.site.com/page/index.php is not found, but www.site.com/page/ still exists.
- by Firefox user 12379117, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I had this thing go through my bookmarks. It scanned 1225 bookmarks and 90 had errors and 600 warnings. I was going to delete the errors, but I thought I would check first. The first 10 bookmarks with errors that I checked went right to the web page it was bookmarked for. Nothing wrong with the bookmarks that were marked for error. This thing is worthless and has people deleting perfectly good bookmarks. Uninstalling!
- by Firefox user 14257630, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Agree with the other users. Hangs and has my PC CPU running at the max. It's like it was mining for bitcoin. Developer or their spokesperson has a bad attitude. Just look at the comments left.
I wouldn't fall for the bogus positive reviews. Uninstalled.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThis add-on has nothing to do with mining for nonsense like Bitcoins and it's not okay to offend me. No, the lot of positive reviews are not bogus, most users are very happy with the add-on. There is still no (!) bug report on the issues tracker. There is not one person reported hangs.
But yes, if you have a lot of bookmarks of course it's a lot of work for Firefox to load all of them. That's not a issue of the add-on.
Your comment is wrong, offending and not constructive at all.
- by Firefox user 11430268, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Very cool add-on.
One suggestion to improve it for the one that have a lot (lot) of bookmarks, and a certain series of duplicates. The possibility to show the created date, and to delete the newest or oldest of the duplicates. It allows to delete the bookmarks following the date we will keep.
Thanks for this great work !
- by Firefox user 14247066, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Just hangs. The little fox logo in the top right jumps once, you select duplicates and the button to start working is greyed out. I've tried this several times in the last year or so, from complete re-installs and it doesn't work for me.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoWhere is your error report on GitHub? It's not okay to give bad reviews without contacting the developer to figure out what's going wrong. There are no other reports that it doesn't work.
- by Dedal (addons), 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Не ожидал, что такое удобное дополнение найдется. Закладок у меня больше 1000. Очень просто и быстро нашел «плохие» закладки, дубликаты и др. Очень кстати – русский интерфейс. СПАСИБО!
- by vee, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good. Can detect 404 bad link, redirect link and others non HTTP 2xx.
I hope that it can be improve to detect web content changed.
For example: the bookmark title is about photography, the content was about that in 10 years ago but now the domain had changed the owner and URL still exists but content is something about anything else, no more photography.
- by JustBoris, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Very useful, but could be more useful (to me). Actually quite cumbersome to use.
- Doesn't test for duplicate tags. Misspellings and the like mean I have duplicate tags.
- blacklisted locations for the folders or default bookmark to delete. Many of my duplicated bookmarks are in the root folder; I'm really not sure how they got there (so it would be the default folder to delete the delete the duplicate). I use tags and not folders for searching.
- whitelisted folders which should not count - I have an addon called "time capsule" which uses bookmarks to remind me that pages exist periodically. Its bookmarks are not duplicates per se.
- The preferences are not a button on the main page.
- I assume you've never actually used your program on a normal user's setup or have OCD. After about fifty deletions one-by-one, even after turning off the confirmations, it gets old. I have less than one percent duplicates but it's too slow to actually use your addon.
- by JMPCOMPUTER, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hello,
I am French.
I am using Firefox Quantum v61.0 (64 bit) under Windows 10 64 bit Family v1803.
I have tested and apreciated your existing Bookmaks Organizer extension in French. He helped me sort through my 1096 bookmarks.
I would like to suggest an option: A button to show / hide the contents of the complete tree of Firefox bookmarks.
Indeed, when I reinstall Firefox or I install the update, the side pane of the bookmarks only displays the folders, and you have to open them manually to display the contents.