- by Firefox user 16069517, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I gave it 4 stars, because it seems to take a while to actually start blocking keywords. I can't figure out why, but there were clear misses when I first started using it today, but after a few hours and several additions to the key word list, it seems to be working. Thank heavens because YouTube's recommended feed is a dumpster fire.
- by Shodan, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I've been using this addon for months now and loved how my youtube can be super clean. I somehow cannot block anymore channels now. The two buttons of 'block video' and 'block channel' seems to be missing in some videos and I can't even add the channels using the blocktube options page. Would really hope this to be fixed as soon as possible.
- by Latj, a year agoRated 1 out of 5As far as I can tell it doesn't work. Wrote in "Linus Tech Tips" in the channel block field, didn't work so I added their channel ID in the corresponding field and that didn't work either. Still shows up in search results.
- by ALT, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Update:
I do REALLY like this addon so I reinstalled it to mess with it. The odd behavior was caused by it clashing with a little Greasemonkey script that hides videos already watched. Easy fix! I'll suffer my subscription feed being cluttered with stuff I like, versus the whole website being full of stuff I don't.
Thanks, dev(s)! :)
Randomly adds a lot of channels to the blocklist, (they are all apparently "Filtered by context menu"), quickly ruining the reviewing experience.
Would be a 5-star add-on if not broken.
- by malau, a year agoRated 2 out of 5With VIDEOBLOCKER not working with 'NEW' Youtube, this is the last best option remaining.
However the UI seriously needs making more user friendly.
You have to manually type in the name of the channel etc, instead of blocking with a single click like VideoBlocker. VERY old school.
As I have hundreds of blocked channels on Video Blocker, I thought i'd just export the settings and then import them into this extension.
No go though. This extension will not import a JSON from VideoBlocker.
This would be a good extension if the Dev drags the UI into 2020 from 1997.
- by Chandra, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I had to make a Mozilla account just to review and to thank the developer of this from the bottom of my heart. I was beginning to hate youtube for the endless waves of worthless trash, fatuous and contemptable personalities and content farm crap that was constantly forced upon me. This is amazing and straight forward to use.
It should be an official feature.