Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Latj, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5As far as I can tell it doesn't work. Wrote in "Linus Tech Tips" in the channel block field, didn't work so I added their channel ID in the corresponding field and that didn't work either. Still shows up in search results.
- by ALT, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Update:
I do REALLY like this addon so I reinstalled it to mess with it. The odd behavior was caused by it clashing with a little Greasemonkey script that hides videos already watched. Easy fix! I'll suffer my subscription feed being cluttered with stuff I like, versus the whole website being full of stuff I don't.
Thanks, dev(s)! :)
Randomly adds a lot of channels to the blocklist, (they are all apparently "Filtered by context menu"), quickly ruining the reviewing experience.
Would be a 5-star add-on if not broken.
- by malau, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5With VIDEOBLOCKER not working with 'NEW' Youtube, this is the last best option remaining.
However the UI seriously needs making more user friendly.
You have to manually type in the name of the channel etc, instead of blocking with a single click like VideoBlocker. VERY old school.
As I have hundreds of blocked channels on Video Blocker, I thought i'd just export the settings and then import them into this extension.
No go though. This extension will not import a JSON from VideoBlocker.
This would be a good extension if the Dev drags the UI into 2020 from 1997.
- by Chandra, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I had to make a Mozilla account just to review and to thank the developer of this from the bottom of my heart. I was beginning to hate youtube for the endless waves of worthless trash, fatuous and contemptable personalities and content farm crap that was constantly forced upon me. This is amazing and straight forward to use.
It should be an official feature.
- by Terg500, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Great alternative after Video Blocker got too slow and unstable.
My only suggestion would be to add a channel whitelist feature so channels you are subscribed to etc. won't be affected by blocked keywords. I wondered why some videos in my subscription box would show on my tablet but not on desktop.
EDIT December 2020: Several times blocked channels got through every now and then now.
- by Firefox user 13968690, a year agoRated 3 out of 5its work kinda but not for multiple channels for example i want to hide multiple channels in trending but its work only on one channel i used channels id and names both work only on one
- by Firefox user 15562179, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Ce module nous débarrasse des recommandations collantes et absurdes de YouTube; la page d'accueil de YouTube est désormais inoffensive avec Firefox qui n'est sans doute pas le meilleur ami de la communauté YouTube à l'origine de ces nuisances volontaires!
Merci mille fois!