Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 16148634, 15 days agoRated 3 out of 5Unfortunately it doesn't work as I hoped.
My expectation - in addition to blocking possibly a particular site - is mainly to hide unwanted and blacklisted sites on BlockSite from search results.
Just like Personal Blocklist on Chrome does.
(the same Personal Blocklist for Firefox, by a different author, doesn't work either.)
- by Boris, 19 days agoRated 1 out of 5It does what it says, but it can be disabled with the click of a button. The "solution" in the FAQ doesn't work for all browsers or computers. So it's useless unless you have the correct equipment.
This is a HUGE flaw in the extension.
It would be perfect, and a 5-star rating otherwise.
- by Fi-Fi, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Tested it by Blocking TikTok and works like a charm! You can even have your blocked websites re-direct to other websites. So clicking a TikTok link could send you to mommytimes.net and I think this is a well made feature.
- by Firefox user 16221114, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent add-on that gives you fine-tuned control over what you block and what you allow. I use this add-on to block sites that I feel addicted to (mostly social media) and it has vastly improved my life.
My suggestions to make this add-on even better:
- A checkbox to disable the footer ("enter password" or "allow site") so I can't just easily unblock the site
- Make the "Save" button more pronounced. It's the most important button but very easy to miss!
- Rule sets/categories such that I can have separate sets of rules, e.g. "social media blocking", "news site blocking", etc, and activate whichever ones I need to.