Rated 4.4 out of 5
4.4 Stars out of 5
- by cjayross, 7 days agoRated 4 out of 5The only issue that I have with the extension is the info bar at the bottom. The animation is very quick and will often flick in and out often depending on how much the mouse is being moved. This paired with the fact that the bar itself is a relatively solid block makes this quite distracting.
My recommendation would be to give the animation trigger a significant delay (perhaps only for the leaving animation to maintain responsiveness) and maybe also increase the opacity of the block itself; perhaps with a gradient as well such as how the google extension does it. Lastly, I would also recommend that you make the default state of the bar lowered since it often shows up just to leave almost immediately.
- by Firefox user 14683255, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Love the idea, love the art. However I keep getting the same Art. I have seen maybe 20 different pieces and nothing new. There are supposed to be 30 million images? Would like to see some options to switch to a new batch of images, Or change the amount of recurring Art, preference settings of what art you want (period, style, country etc). In the future maybe we could even build a collection for others to view.
- by Paul Ecoffet, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Awesome extension. I really like to have a nice piece of art. I love opening a new tab when I'm listening to music to not be disturbed by stupid notifications or feeds. It would be great to add a "fullscreen" button. I know I can use f11 to put firefox in fullscreen but it does not hide the address bar.
- by Firefox user 13820586, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Really nice addon, thank you very much. Unfortunately I got a slow internet connection, so in the first seconds I just see a blank grey screen before the picture is loaded. Would it be possible to download and cache the artwork right after the last was loaded, that the picture would be visible immediately?
- by Firefox user 13456313, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm not sure if it worked before Firefox 57, but it does not work right now. All I see is a blank black screen.
Developer responseposted 2 years agowe're sorry to hear you can't get the add-on to work. The version has been tested working on 57 so we are unsure what can cause this blank screen. Maybe try to re-install the add-on, and/or clear your browser cache.
- by Efcis, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Please, consider selecting the moz-extension:// URL once the image is displayed, so you can type anything new in the URL bar without having to use Ctrl-L before.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoWe would love to be able to remove that moz-extension text in the address bar, but sadly there's no easy way to do this yet in firefox, unlike chrome. When firefox catches up with chrome with web extension features we will surely do this!
When you open a new tab, the text in the address bar should be selected and easily replaced by typing. Thank you for your feedback!
- by Firefox user 13181735, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great add-on. Not the dull, usual, mainstream artworks, but hand-picked, often unknown works from museums all over Europe. Effortless art in every new tab, like it!