Rated 4.7 out of 5
4.7 Stars out of 5
- by moka_a, 22 days agoRated 4 out of 5Almost perfect. I'm having hard times deleting or fixing an engine (which happens to be Google FYI and) whose "Search URL" I tweaked and ended up making it invalid when I added it. Unfortunately it seems users are not allowed at all to edit added engines.
- by Firefox user 16160464, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Well, problem doesn't reproduce anymore, so, I guess bad luck. Thanks for your work.
(in the meantime, did things another way : directly uncompressing search.json.mozlz4, manually editing and recompressing. takes a bit of time but gets things done)If you open an issue on https://github.com/evilpie/add-custom-search-engine/issues with the Open SearchXML preview (under advanced options) I might be able to help you.
This still works correctly for me. So this might be an issue with the image or your Firefox configuration.
- by Desi Burger, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Man, I was about to uninstall Firefox and go back to Chrome thieves, for the lack of my country localized Google search engine in Firefox, that I just couldn't find. This extension saved the day. Thank you so much.
- by roodley, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not working as intended. When I manually enter a search engine and press "Add custom search engine" I get sent to the "Adding a new search engine via the URL bar" page, showing how to add a search engine with the 3 dot menu, but the option in the 3 dot menu never appears for the sites im trying to add. I'd like an option for the manual input to not take me to the 3 dot instruction screen.
Will update rating when this is resolved because this app is really vital for me.If you open an issue on https://github.com/evilpie/add-custom-search-engine/issues with the Open SearchXML preview (under advanced options) I might be able to help you.
The option in the 3 dot menu might not appear if you already have a search engine with the same name installed!
- by Nibinaear, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5I literally don't know how to use this anymore, I used the form but nothing happened. Then a page was shown to add the search using the 3 dots but then all my customizations were lost and the search did not work. Instead of getting a wikipedia search all I got was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test every time. How do you use this thing now?If you open an issue on https://github.com/evilpie/add-custom-search-engine/issues with the Open SearchXML preview (under advanced options) I might be able to help you.
- by EvaUnit02, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Was alarmed to learn that Mycroft Project search bar options no longer works, while recreating my Firefox profile. Apparently Mozilla is depreciating Opensearch XML addon support? That's dumb.
Found this extension and it does the job of creating custom search bar options perfectly. Highly recommended!
- by LukeStanley, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5It's a shame Firefox no longer lets me add DuckDuckGo UK (I used to be able to search on here and add it just fine), but this extension helped me. Mozilla Firefox has really dropped the ball here. Well done Tom Schuster for enabling a customisable work around.