- by Xzenor, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Works okay but don't bother with the biometric login.. it's a buggy mess. Logging in seems to work and when you click it it's locked again. Useless. Just use the unlock password.
- by Firefox user 14281865, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5I'm basically very satisfied with the Bitwarden service, but this firefox extension starts to annoy as it has kept forgetting its vault and my configuration for simplified unlocking multiple times within a few weeks only. Couldn't even log in here without using the desktop app for the browser extension is busy with syncing for ages after login. It was working fine yesterday, but today everythings lost (in context of my browser). Haven't finished syncing even now after writing down this assessment.
- by Ikarisan, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5This extension is very annoying iff you use it in "attached mode". Let's say you are creating a new account on site X. The normal workflow (for me) is to open the password manager beside the registration form of the website. You chose a username, enter it into the form and the pw manager... let generate the pw manager a secret password and paste it into the "new user formular" and so on. But this is really impossible when using this extension in the undetached mode. Every time you switch the focus from the extensions' window to the website the window closes and forgets all entries made (username, URL..). So it it impossible to generate a secret pw, paste it into the sites' form and return to the bitwarden window to save the new entry. The only way to add a new entry in a (for human) natural flow is to detach the bitwarden window from Firefox and enter the sites' data (username, password, URL, directory...) by hand one by one. :(
- by roadmouse, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5v1.56.6 stopped working in for me in FF dev edition 98.0b9 (64-bits) on Win10. Never had issues before, but I can't log in and just see a spinner. Reinstalling did not help, downgrading to the previous version fixed the issue.
- by flupke01, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5When not logged in, it keeps asking for saving credentials for sites. When choosing never to save, it will ask the same question again. Only way to stop this is by logging in. Even though I click "Never for this website", it won't remember my selection for certain sites. The second: The auto-fill feature doesn't work properly on certain sites and it's an annoying process to disable it.
- by Tarantula, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5Product is great, firefox extension not so much, on the GUI side I would like to have the save button at the bottom of the fillable forms (new vault item, new send , etc, as well as at the top as it is now, but when you are filling a new item after the last field I keep trying to find a save button at the bottom (where my focus is closer to) , this is a problem for me because bad eyesight, and I am sure am not the only one.
On the functionality side, I see no option to set default behavior for SEND items (hide my email by default, expiration days, etc) And i have to be selecting that same option every time I create a new Send, this settings should be able to be set by default.
- by Aki, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Pretty good free password manager. Love that it's free, but one large annoyance with the add-on is that it doesn't prompt to add a login when you create a new account. I have to create, log out, and then log in to get the prompt to show. A fairly large annoyance for me.
Overall, 2 annoyances:
- the prompt issue mentioned above
- no way to auto-fill the password field when generating a password, but since I can't save a new password without logging out first, not having that option saves me from accidentally losing my password
- by Firefox user 16990091, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Desperately needs to save generated passwords immediately. Clipboard is not good enough, because the addon ALMOST always detects a new login. ALMOST IS NOT ALWAYS.
I need my password manager to ALWAYS work, and not lock me out of the HR portal for my new job on my first day.
- by Firefox user 15994804, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5I am computer literate. In the mid 60's I was a Systems Programer on IBM mainframes. Unfortunately, at 82 years of age, I'm having a difficult time doing install. Advice please.
- by Firefox user 9970592, a year agoRated 3 out of 5La détection de création et/ou de modification de compte fonctionne mal, ce qui oblige à gérer manuellement l'enregistrement d'un site ou la mise à jour. C'est une fonction importante dans ce type d'outil. Sur ce point, Bitwarden est très en dessous de LastPass.
- by AndyL964, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Sometimes it doesn't autofill properly unless you do it twice. Auto fill for credit card(s) and/or personal info just doesn't work. Doesn't load properly on browser start up if using via sidebar.