- Rated 4 out of 5by von Karma, a month agoFor the most part, this extension is amazing, definitely helps with combating YouTube's auto quality setting too.
This extension is missing out on a lot of the updates from its GitHub repo however.
If anyone is coming across an issue where you can't re-enable comment avatars try this:
#1: Go to "about:devtools-toolbox?id=%7B3c6bf0cc-3ae2-42fb-9993-0d33104fdcaf%7D&type=extension"
#2: Click "Storage" from the top if it hasn't been selected already
#3: Open "Extension Storage" from the left side
#4: Click on the first result
#5: Click "Filter Items" and type "hide_author_avatars",
#6: Right click on the first result and click "Delete hide_author_avatars"
This should bring back comment avatars (you may need to reload existing YouTube tabs)
You do need to delete the key since setting the value to "false" doesn't work on this particular version of Improve Youtube (3.935).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17577074, 2 months agoGreat open source alternative to Enhancer for YouTube, but my only issue is that theater mode doesn't seem to enable automatically even with Forced theater mode enabled.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17453464, 2 months agoThe customization is amazing and I would absolutely be using this all the time except for one pretty big thing - it seems to be resetting my theme to dark mode no matter how many times I switch it back to light. I understand that most users prefer dark mode, but on YouTube I do not and I find this very irritating. Uninstalling the extension fixed the problem. I wasn't sure whether to give this 3 or 4 stars because the error I was having was so irritating, but everything else was good so I gave it 4.
- Rated 4 out of 5by SchMOPS, 3 months agothe "mark watched videos" eye button on a videos thumbnail should actually mark the video as watch instead of the eye turning white and give it the red line underneath it on all other devices, it is possible since another extention can do it but i prefer this one over it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by sudowtf, 5 months agoi like it, but EfYT had a couple features that i require: mouse volume, mouse speed, volume booster.
Developer responseposted 5 months agowe already got that. But it should not be a requirment for 5 stars :(
Please wait for the update in Firefox. Also check us out in Chrome & Github. You might be surprised we work on this every day.
- Rated 4 out of 5by GloriousMane, 5 months agoFantastic extension, I'd never browse Youtube without it. At this point however, it desperately needs an update, as Youtube has made several major changes that have broken functionality entirely. Specifically, nothing in the "player" tab works anymore.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 1Cef0xGReeN, 6 months agoПри заходе на youtube, любое видео, адрес канала первого выбранного видео, фиксируется при переходе на другие видео, пока не закроется вкладка. Firefox 103.0.1 x64
When entering YouTube, any video, the channel address of the first selected video, is fixed when switching to other videos until the tab is closed. Firefox 103.0.1 x64
- Rated 4 out of 5by Belial, 7 months agoQuality must have add-on... Only issue I have experienced is when searching YouTube and clicking a channel link it will direct me to the previously watched video channel. I have to then return back to previous page then the channel link directs correctly or refresh the page before clicking channel link.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Usuário FF 17151627, 7 months agoÉ uma boa extensão para se utilizar na Área de trabalho e que é possível instalá-lo no Firefox para Android, pena que não funciona as funções de ligar/desligar a reprodução automática e alterar/manter a qualidade do vídeo no YT quando utilizado no FF de Android. Também se possível, adeque o visual da extensão e usabilidade na versão do navegador para Android.
- Rated 4 out of 5by eirikr, 9 months agoHas a bunch of intriguing features, like being able to reproduce videos up to x8 speed, but unfortunately the one I downloaded it for (the ability to stop youtube's awful autoplay from turning back on with every video) did not work, even after restarting firefox.
Developer responseposted 9 months agohi Eirikr! it is called "Autoplay Up Next" for differenciation and because youtube called it "Up Next" until recently. Please also read the reply I gave just gave just above this one. (Chances are you will agree we still deserve 5 stars😊...)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Knee Remover, a year agoI really like this addon so far. Everything works really well, with the only exception being the comments. It works well enough however, so I don't mind it at all. I would suggest adding it, just don't touch Appearance > Comments. Thank you for taking the time to read this comment!
Developer responseposted a year agoPlease join us at https://github.com/code4charity/YouTube-Extension. Will try to get your 5 stars.
Unfortunately you cant really rate the few features you might use.
but what you can only possibly rate here, is our work as a whole, with 100 features (and an insane amount of work since 9 years.)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Samtheprogrammer, a year agoCan you tone down on the emojis a little? They give me nausea. Anyway good extension.
Edit: It might make people go away because of there being multiple emojis on each line seperated. You might wanna consider changing that.