Reviews for 'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (For YouTube & Video)
'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (For YouTube & Video) by code-for-charity, ImprovedTube
- Rated 4 out of 5by Aarya, 7 days agoIt was great until the extension kept on redirecting me into channel posts whenever I clicked on a video or scrolled on the YouTube homepage.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17776553, 20 days agoThis addon is great, but it won't keep subtitles on. I selected "Subtitles" under Player>Subtitles. Reinstalling it didn't fix this issue.
- Rated 4 out of 5by med, a month agogreat , I use it on firefox , edge and chrome, to be the greatest need , control volume by mouse wheel and add context menu search on youtube; if you do so; I will give 5 start from 3 accounts
- Rated 4 out of 5by irripod , 3 months agoIt is a good one. It made my other YouTube adjustment add-on redundant, while also bringing new functionality. My only complaint is that it turns the page to Dark Mode all the time, no matter what I do. It would be great if the develepers could fix that. // Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, the improvement comes with a setback. I can now switch the dark theme off, but instead the Home tab produces glitches. If I start from there, it never loads, and the line of tags on top is flickering. I have changed the settings to start from the Subscriptions, and going from there to the Home tab results in inconsistent behaviour. Unpredictibly, previews are loaded in two columns or four.better? you tried our darkmode switch and it used to be sticky. we might just remove it. to reset it, you can set in the top right of youtube or remove the youtube cookie.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15166984, 3 months agoIn my review 6 months ago I mentioned this add-on needed an updated. Well, it's now been a year since this was updated and Youtube has gone through some major design changes since then. Sad really because it had promise.hi! ♥ 18.104.22.168 will be live in Firefox any moment with ~100 improvements. Unfortunately we lost our maintainer in 2022, but are getting back on track. We are over 500000 active users and only 1-3 active developers. Every volunteer will help https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube
- Rated 4 out of 5by von Karma, 5 months agoFor the most part, this extension is amazing, definitely helps with combating YouTube's auto quality setting too.
This extension is missing out on a lot of the updates from its GitHub repo however.
If anyone is coming across an issue where you can't re-enable comment avatars try this:
#1: Go to "about:devtools-toolbox?id=%7B3c6bf0cc-3ae2-42fb-9993-0d33104fdcaf%7D&type=extension"
#2: Click "Storage" from the top if it hasn't been selected already
#3: Open "Extension Storage" from the left side
#4: Click on the first result
#5: Click "Filter Items" and type "hide_author_avatars",
#6: Right click on the first result and click "Delete hide_author_avatars"
This should bring back comment avatars (you may need to reload existing YouTube tabs)
You do need to delete the key since setting the value to "false" doesn't work on this particular version of Improve Youtube (3.935).hi! ♥ 22.214.171.124 will be live in Firefox any moment with ~100 improvements. Unfortunately we lost our maintainer in 2022, but are getting back on track. We are over 500000 active users and only 1-3 active developers. Every volunteer will help https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17577074, 6 months agoGreat open source alternative to Enhancer for YouTube, but my only issue is that theater mode doesn't seem to enable automatically even with Forced theater mode enabled.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17453464, 6 months agoThe customization is amazing and I would absolutely be using this all the time except for one pretty big thing - it seems to be resetting my theme to dark mode no matter how many times I switch it back to light. I understand that most users prefer dark mode, but on YouTube I do not and I find this very irritating. Uninstalling the extension fixed the problem. I wasn't sure whether to give this 3 or 4 stars because the error I was having was so irritating, but everything else was good so I gave it 4.
- Rated 4 out of 5by SchMOPS, 6 months agothe "mark watched videos" eye button on a videos thumbnail should actually mark the video as watch instead of the eye turning white and give it the red line underneath it on all other devices, it is possible since another extention can do it but i prefer this one over it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by sudowtf, 9 months agoi like it, but EfYT had a couple features that i require: mouse volume, mouse speed, volume booster.
Developer responseposted 9 months agowe already got that. But it should not be a requirment for 5 stars :(
Please wait for the update in Firefox. Also check us out in Chrome & Github. You might be surprised we work on this every day.
- Rated 4 out of 5by GloriousMane, 9 months agoFantastic extension, I'd never browse Youtube without it. At this point however, it desperately needs an update, as Youtube has made several major changes that have broken functionality entirely. Specifically, nothing in the "player" tab works anymore.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 1Cef0xGReeN, 10 months agoПри заходе на youtube, любое видео, адрес канала первого выбранного видео, фиксируется при переходе на другие видео, пока не закроется вкладка. Firefox 103.0.1 x64
When entering YouTube, any video, the channel address of the first selected video, is fixed when switching to other videos until the tab is closed. Firefox 103.0.1 x64
Developer responseposted 10 months agoyou can do that :) - also join us on https://github.com/code-for-charity/YouTube-Extension
- Rated 4 out of 5by Belial, 10 months agoQuality must have add-on... Only issue I have experienced is when searching YouTube and clicking a channel link it will direct me to the previously watched video channel. I have to then return back to previous page then the channel link directs correctly or refresh the page before clicking channel link.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Usuário FF 17151627, a year agoÉ uma boa extensão para se utilizar na Área de trabalho e que é possível instalá-lo no Firefox para Android, pena que não funciona as funções de ligar/desligar a reprodução automática e alterar/manter a qualidade do vídeo no YT quando utilizado no FF de Android. Também se possível, adeque o visual da extensão e usabilidade na versão do navegador para Android.