- Rated 4 out of 5by AndyArtistics, 23 days agoIt normally works really well.
But within the last couple days it's not auto-playing the start of playlists despite the fact that i never turned that function off in the extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17624452, 2 months agoI have a problem in Full Player, when i'm in full screen i see a white gap below, and this is cause by Player Size Full Height (Appearance>Player>Player Size> Full Height) but this is annoying because i use that option when i'm not in full screen to make the video player more bigger, but when i use full screen i see a white gap space like a footer.
- Rated 4 out of 5by er_JuLi3v2, 3 months agoThe middle mouse button doesnt scroll in the videos, yes in subscriptions. When the add-on is disabled it works well. Do you plan to solve it? Because I have seen comments 3 months ago with this bug and the bug remains the same. I like extension but this for me is a big problem.
- Rated 4 out of 5by ShoWel, 4 months agoReally, the only thing I lack is hardware acceleration on Linux. I loved this feature in Windows and miss it dearly
Developer responseposted 4 months agohi! doesnt sound accourate to me / what computer age / gpu are you using ?
please join us on GitHub
(+ 5 Stars please )
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16921071, 6 months agoThe "collapse comments" option is bugged, the dropdown won't show up. The extension is also messing with the text color of the buttons of the video page. The toggle to hide certain buttons (such as Clip and Thanks) is bugged as well, please fix!
- Rated 4 out of 5by LonWolfDan, 6 months agoEverything works well so far with this extension but, I immediately noticed a strange bug.
On the YouTube Homepage, the thumbnails of each video that shows, have become invisible. I say "invisible" because, if I hover over the video, for a brief second, the thumbnail appears but quickly disappears??
I also found out that, it's this extension itself that is causing this. When I disable the extension, everything goes back to normal, the thumbnails appear and don't disappear anymore. But, as soon as I re enable the extension, the same bug occurs.
Please reply back to this review as soon as you can please and let me know what could be happening here, I'd appreciate it!
Developer responseposted 6 months agowe fixed it at about the same time as your review. However Store updates can take day
"Next Listed Version: 4.6"
if any bug remains, we should find out exactly. Please join us on Github. And paste F12 console errors in reports, or anything).
- Rated 4 out of 5by med, 7 months agogreat , I use it on firefox , edge and chrome, to be the greatest need , control volume by mouse wheel and add context menu search on youtube; if you do so; I will give 5 start from 3 accounts
- Rated 4 out of 5by irripod , 9 months agoIt is a good one. It made my other YouTube adjustment add-on redundant, while also bringing new functionality. My only complaint is that it turns the page to Dark Mode all the time, no matter what I do. It would be great if the develepers could fix that. // Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, the improvement comes with a setback. I can now switch the dark theme off, but instead the Home tab produces glitches. If I start from there, it never loads, and the line of tags on top is flickering. I have changed the settings to start from the Subscriptions, and going from there to the Home tab results in inconsistent behaviour. Unpredictibly, previews are loaded in two columns or four.better? you tried our darkmode switch and it used to be sticky. we might just remove it. to reset it, you can set in the top right of youtube or remove the youtube cookie.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15166984, 9 months agoIn my review 6 months ago I mentioned this add-on needed an updated. Well, it's now been a year since this was updated and Youtube has gone through some major design changes since then. Sad really because it had promise.hi! ♥ 220.127.116.11 will be live in Firefox any moment with ~100 improvements. Unfortunately we lost our maintainer in 2022, but are getting back on track. We are over 500000 active users and only 1-3 active developers. Every volunteer will help https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube
- Rated 4 out of 5by von Karma, a year agoFor the most part, this extension is amazing, definitely helps with combating YouTube's auto quality setting too.
This extension is missing out on a lot of the updates from its GitHub repo however.
If anyone is coming across an issue where you can't re-enable comment avatars try this:
#1: Go to "about:devtools-toolbox?id=%7B3c6bf0cc-3ae2-42fb-9993-0d33104fdcaf%7D&type=extension"
#2: Click "Storage" from the top if it hasn't been selected already
#3: Open "Extension Storage" from the left side
#4: Click on the first result
#5: Click "Filter Items" and type "hide_author_avatars",
#6: Right click on the first result and click "Delete hide_author_avatars"
This should bring back comment avatars (you may need to reload existing YouTube tabs)
You do need to delete the key since setting the value to "false" doesn't work on this particular version of Improve Youtube (3.935).hi! ♥ 18.104.22.168 will be live in Firefox any moment with ~100 improvements. Unfortunately we lost our maintainer in 2022, but are getting back on track. We are over 500000 active users and only 1-3 active developers. Every volunteer will help https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17577074, a year agoGreat open source alternative to Enhancer for YouTube, but my only issue is that theater mode doesn't seem to enable automatically even with Forced theater mode enabled.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17453464, a year agoThe customization is amazing and I would absolutely be using this all the time except for one pretty big thing - it seems to be resetting my theme to dark mode no matter how many times I switch it back to light. I understand that most users prefer dark mode, but on YouTube I do not and I find this very irritating. Uninstalling the extension fixed the problem. I wasn't sure whether to give this 3 or 4 stars because the error I was having was so irritating, but everything else was good so I gave it 4.
- Rated 4 out of 5by SchMOPS, a year agothe "mark watched videos" eye button on a videos thumbnail should actually mark the video as watch instead of the eye turning white and give it the red line underneath it on all other devices, it is possible since another extention can do it but i prefer this one over it.