- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15769029, 3 months agoHas some issues being 8 months old YET the version for Chrome based browsers is far newer (Version 3.946 July 18 not 3.935 January 19 of this one) with a few less issues. We need someone to take this over for Firefox based browsers if it is going to be abandoned like this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17160267, 3 months agoWas using it for long time, since last update full window in one tab mode, dont work anymore. So for me, this is useless ... Pls update it. On github there are a lot of people complain about this bug. Please fix it
- Rated 1 out of 5by prikolist, 9 months agoMost of the options don't work reliably - random features are turned on that are marked as off in the app
Developer responseposted 9 months agohi! which feature seemed to be sticky? this should never happen (please revise your rating)
we work hard every day at https://github.com/code4charity/YouTube-Extension (consider joining us. This Project got almost 500 000 users and you can edit anything easily)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Savannah, 10 months agoMore edit: Cannot view comments when this app is enabled, regardless of whether I select "shown", "collapsed", or "hidden". This makes this add-on's single most useful feature unusable, and I'm on the verge of uninstalling.
Edit: I've tried previous versions and the issue is still there. Edit: 1) The "won't play" issue turned out to be caused by turning off "Autoplay" under "Player". I assume and hope this isn't intended behaviour. 2) The "top and bottom are cut off" issue turned out to be caused by turning off "limit page width". To me it seems backwards that there's an option that needs to be switched ON to maintain normal behaviour, and causes abnormal (and undesirable) behaviour when you switch it OFF. I feel like it should be the other way around. 3) No, I don't have a rare computer or system. Edit: I thought the Autoplay setting was causing the pausing issue, as it seemed to go away whenever I turned it off and come back when I turned it on. This is no longer the case. So I guess that's not the cause after all.
This COULD be really great, and would replace at least two other addons for me. It's also the only addon I've found that can hide comments without getting rid of the comment field, a feature I've wanted for a long time. But I can't play YouTube videos when I have this enabled! It will only play a frame or maybe a few frames at a time before pausing again by itself. And even when it does play, the top and bottom of the video are cut off! I've experimented with all the settings and nothing helps. Disabling my other YouTube-related addons didn't help either.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoEDIT2: ah! hey, probably the autoplay setting! (i couldn't reproduce either in the latest Firefox. But it was reported 3 times by now)
https://github.com/code-for-charity/YouTube-Extension/issues/1213 ( The other setting is new and could also be called "Unlimited page width" to be more intuitive. (even though technically it is something that Youtube visually does by default already and we just switch it off. We can always improve and make the most important features bigger and label some others as rare/specific. But this is an avid task and not trivial and should not be required to avoid low ratings ( https://github.com/code4charity/YouTube-Extension/discussions/748 )
- this project is actually is the only existing solution for many things and the most convenient one too in comparision. Most settings allow to see the effect instantly on the current page, unlike all alternatives, that require to make settings in different tabs. (- yet 'youtube enhancer' & 'magic actions for youtube' do have a million more users still) - and bad ratings might make the gap bigger if anything.
(To be more precise, the width limit feature is meant to allow the site/video to expand to the sides. This means, if you have a superwide screen or also hide related videos, then the video height wont fit fully, unless you also hide the youtube header, or zoom or use auto-fullscreen. We are not a one-fit-all solution by definition for a billion users like YouTube itself. We volunteer to serve specific wishes. Most users are willing to experiment for some minutes for once. In a 100 features a few will in fact naturally not help you. All of which we can try to label perfectly in the next update, but never avoid completely, by nature of even having more than a few features. You can still refer to your list of 'activiated Features' (and currently this feature only appears once you disabled the button.) (You can also reset our settings to go back to YouTube defaults.) Anything could be labeled or come with an alert, but thats also complification in the eyes of other users. (You don't need to click a button unless it makes sense to you.)
EDIT: Thanks, tough luck* - Almost there though! (*this confirms it is a rare bug. However we will be happy to fix it for you in time!) - Did you notice the last 4 Versions are all within a few days?😊 - If you go back a step further (3.223 or 3.899), then it works most-likely and you will have discover easily, at what version the bug starts🤩. (Finally, you probably have a rare computer or system? (and can see whats happening in the browser console?) email@example.com. BTW you can quickly try an extension in a private tab, with no other extension running just to make sure) -----------------
hi, thanks. Please understand some bugs are rare and bad luck. The bigger a project is, the less likely you run into any, but it can't be excluded completely. To find it fastest you might need to report more details ( https://github.com/code4charity/YouTube-Extension/issues ). Also likely it just started yeserday and was not there in the prevous versions, which you can still get. Many Features: Yes, browser extensions are unfortunately supposed/presented to be small/single-purpose. Still we are providing a 100 of the most wished and requested features without 100 times more success than easy extensions. This is also much more teditious than making our own site which would be fun/need no maintenance. We are volunteers working hard. Youtube has a billion times more money than us. So you might not want to give 1 star, to support the cause getting anywhere near as much visiblity, as it deserves (and consequently even faster fixes) Many smiles!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14876712, a year agoI was told to install this so that I could rotate videos from horizontal to vertical but there is no button to do this. If you help me I will give you a 5 star rating.edit: please keep your promise
hi, you 1. click the 'Improve Youtube!' (extension icon, top right of browser),
2. 'Player' 3. 'Rotate' (you will find a new button in the youtube player)
-2. Alternatively you can just Type 'Rot to enable the feature
( please understand we are hardworking volunteers and blackmailing with one star rating is not right. There should be big reason. It can frustrate us for a long time. Even with 4 stars the pressure is real.)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15151657, a year agoreverse option only reverses the sorting of playlist but it still plays in the original order2022: Sorry to notify you late, butpPlease try again!! :) (We found a great solution and there is no alternative)
2021: Hi, this feature was fixed / completed in our new version at https://github.com/code4charity/YouTube-Extension. Our Firefox version started recently. Yet we look forward to update the Firefox version soon and often.
I understand 'reverse playlist' is a legendary feature as people miss it. (Because other projects, providing this feature only, resigned, despite they had many users. Because youtube changed this repeatedly.) Thus we temporarily removed the feature from our descriptions.
Yet that is not what you can possibly rate here. What you are rating can only be our whole work with 100 features and an insane amount of work. That's how we always called and describe. Yet your rating actually has a (negative) impact.