Reviews for 'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (For YouTube & Video)
'Improve YouTube!' 🎧 (For YouTube & Video) by code-for-charity, ImprovedTube
Response by code-for-charity
Developer responseposted 2 months ago
hi! ♥ 22.214.171.124 will be live in Firefox any moment with ~100 improvements. Unfortunately we lost our maintainer in 2022, but are getting back on track. We are over 500000 active users and only 1-3 active developers. Every volunteer will help https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube
- Rated 5 out of 5by ANAFREE, 3 days agoplease fix auto enable youtube subtitle (CC), it doesn't work since 1 monthhttps://github.com/code-charity/youtube/issues/1647
thanks. you mean since v4.1 march 12 ? didnt have an update for a long time before that
- Rated 5 out of 5by Maltbrew, 5 days agoThank you for fixing the dark theme bug! Unfortunately, the subs seem to be bugged now as the setting to have them auto on no longer works.hi :) just gotta wait for review "Listed Version: 4.4" "Next Listed Version: 4.6"
- Rated 4 out of 5by LonWolfDan, 5 days agoEverything works well so far with this extension but, I immediately noticed a strange bug.
On the YouTube Homepage, the thumbnails of each video that shows, have become invisible. I say "invisible" because, if I hover over the video, for a brief second, the thumbnail appears but quickly disappears??
I also found out that, it's this extension itself that is causing this. When I disable the extension, everything goes back to normal, the thumbnails appear and don't disappear anymore. But, as soon as I re enable the extension, the same bug occurs.
Please reply back to this review as soon as you can please and let me know what could be happening here, I'd appreciate it!we fixed it at about the same time as your review. However Store updates can take day
"Next Listed Version: 4.6"
if any bug remains, we should find out exactly. Please join us on Github. And paste F12 console errors in reports, or anything).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17830587, 9 days agopicture in picture not workingHi, its impossible. firefox only has their own Picture in Picture button. We disabled the button in Firefox.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Aarya, 14 days agoIt was great until the extension kept on redirecting me into channel posts whenever I clicked on a video or scrolled on the YouTube homepage.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mojo, 15 days agoDoes not block channels, tags, or categories as it claims. Only option to "block" is a button that appears when hovering over video and it only blocks the video; as evidenced by their menu options under "Blacklist" only the videos option populates when block is chosen. Only blocks single videos. Videos that are "blocked" only change opacity and still remain on the page. Zero documentation or instructions for use, even on githubhi! exactly!♥ - a free volunteer product service since 10 years, often daily. with approx 78 in 80 features working.
if you write the documentation that will motivate me. can you include .gifs?
Also.. btw. Just to make fair reviews, consider the whole, since you chose to try the whole after reading the description. (being their means it matters to us and might be repaird or enhanced right next. Maybe before caring for my health. If you would review a 100-in-1 swiss multi-tool, you also wont stop after the first one. Then you still cant review. (or it might be mistaken/unintentionally harmful. (yet the effect of an angry 1 start. might surely amass to a 1000 users less and fewer voluneer urs when we are 99% "understaffed" )...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Umair Ahmed, 23 days agoCan;t find a button to blacklist channels.
Video blacklisting doesn't work either. Button on video for blacklist only appears for a second or two when hovered. Does nothing on click.hi! :) .. b. Just to make fair reviews, consider the whole, since you chose to try the whole. Mentioning it means it matters to us and might be repaird or enhanced right next. Maybe before caring for my health. - When you review a "100in1" swiss multi tool, you also wont stop after the first one. Then you still cant review might be mistaken/destructive.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Piotr, a month agoI wish this extension could add new filters f.e.: for video duration and upload date.hi! :) you can add a youtube API key, https://github.com/code-for-charity/ImprovedTube-for-YouTube/wiki/%F0%9F%9B%88-YouTube-API:--How-to-generate-your-Youtube-API-key
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17776553, a month agoThis addon is great, but it won't keep subtitles on. I selected "Subtitles" under Player>Subtitles. Reinstalling it didn't fix this issue.
- Rated 4 out of 5by med, 2 months agogreat , I use it on firefox , edge and chrome, to be the greatest need , control volume by mouse wheel and add context menu search on youtube; if you do so; I will give 5 start from 3 accounts