- by RiffRaffMama, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Useless app. I can't even set up my account! Every time I click on set up account or log in I am just returned to the previous page. It's useless to me if I can't do anything with it!
- by wolfyname, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Worst tab addon. I've used this for almost a year now for academic purposes. This is terrible. Doesn't save tabs, and seems to lose all my data after updating Firefox. Company seems to be greedy with limiting work spaces only to 3. It used to be 5.
- by Farshid, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Worst addon I've ever used.
I have created a session tab for my works and added my tabs that I use for working, after creating that session I have clicked on that session, after closing it my tabs dissapeared and that don't even open again, I have lost all of my work tabs.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoSo sorry for the terrible first experience! We can see that you have a session in our database, which we've restored for you. In the future, if you ever lose tabs you can always restore them yourself from the "Restore previous tabs" option in the workspace menu:
- by saevarb, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5This addon will redirect to a workona.com URL with your tab URL as a redirect to revive a dead tab.
This is just not acceptable. I highly doubt this is necessary from a technical standpoint, and even if it was, I wouldn't believe that this company isn't harvesting my data.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoSorry for the confusion! That is just our tab suspension functionality you're seeing. Our suspended tabs take up essentially no memory as all they contain is redirect (no data harvesting or analytics at all). If you're by chance a developer, it should be very easy for you to confirm that is the case.
Nonetheless, you can easily disable this feature in settings here: https://workona.com/0/settings/suspension
However, once you disable the feature, you'll no longer get the benefits of tab suspension, which means that all of the tabs you have open will be using up your computer's memory.
We originally didn't have the tab suspension feature, and quickly realized that it was an essential feature for a tab manager like Workona. You can read more about the feature and the motivations behind it here:
- by Traegger, 4 months agoRated 1 out of 5If you've talked to anyone who uses Workon, they've probably told you how bad it is. But you're probably skeptical, because after all, a lot of people seem to be using it. And the Pro and Business versions cost 7/month and 15/month, so people must be paying for something, right? Wrong. The free version is almost useless, and no, it's not worth 15/month. In fact, you'd have to pay me a lot more than 15/month to use this kludge.
It's true. Workona is a surprisingly bad tab manager. The reason it's used by a lot of people, is that its produced by a company with a certain business model. Quality, in the sense of the average user, is not that important to such companies. They need to convince the management of businesses that their software can improve productivity, when used in a certain way.
Also, companies at the mid level, not quite one person operations, but not Microsoft either, have the hardest time hiring good programmers, and they're the ones that need them most.
In sum, if you have a choice in the matter, don't even bother trying Workona; it's a waste of time. Almost any of the other options available will be a better choice.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoSorry to hear you've had a poor experience. Firefox recently made some changes that have caused a few bugs and other undesirable behaviors in our Firefox extension. We are working on fixing the bugs in our Firefox extension (which it sounds like you must have encountered, although you don't mention any issues specifically), and we hope to have them fixed soon. That said, our extensions for our other supported browsers are still rock solid.
To accuse us of not caring about the average user, or having bad developers, is just not fair. It is a very hard and rapidly changing space, and we believe we do better than any other tab manager out there. We care deeply about our users, and anyone that has reached out to our stellar support team to report an issue can attest to the truth of that.
- by Firefox user 13673487, 9 months agoRated 1 out of 5Workspaces dont work on androidYou can access your workspace on Android by logging into workona.com in your mobile browser. We currently offer an app for iOS devices, and plan to release an Android app in the future.
- by Firefox user 13633717, a year agoRated 1 out of 5When it asked me to verify email, workona tab was frozen and I couldn't even open gmail in other tab. When I tried to verify mozilla warned me about http website only, final site was https - not sure if this is a problem. It is completely bugged, I moved tabs to workspace I created. And now I can't switch to that Firefox Window, if I click on it, it flashes and disappear instantly. I have to click multiple times, before it switches to it and when I press ctrl+t it creates new windows instead of tab...
- by JerryNic, a year agoRated 1 out of 5First of all I am really pissed of because Mozilla/Firefox eliminated to keep tabs stored so the automatically pop up every time one opens the web browser. So far this Workona is a pain in the butt to use. I have not yet discovered how to have my five major tabs open. Grrrrr.
- by Firefox user 16336480, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Moving tabs is bugged. Constantly says that there is no internet connection or throws some "unexected error". How tab management is supposed to work without such important feature?
- by Firefox user 16170613, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The idea is interesting, but the execution is awful.
Lost a lot of my tabs by trusting Workona. They simply didn't reload.
Wouldn't recommend, it is way too buggy.
- by A FF User, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5WARNING! EXCESSIVE PERMISSIONS!!! ZERO PRIVACY!!! YOUR DATA IS NOT ENCRYPTED OR DE-IDENTIFIED!!! SUSCEPTIBLE TO PERSONAL DATA ABUSE!!! >>> GET "STATION" OR "FERDI" OR "BISCUIT" FOR WINDOWS INSTEAD <<<
Really disappointed that they go out of their way to say they respect privacy on an outward facing description of their product. Shame on you. Privacy and "Your data belongs to you" means something different that what your company is about, so don't twist words into nice-sounding marketing phrases and misrepresent yourself to consumers.
Small details reveal a lot, and I think this is revealing. But either way, Workona, you should change or remove the misleading description on your "About" page.
And I'm hoping your reasoning for these choices in data "privacy" is not "Well, this is just how the industry is," as if it makes it okay to do things just because other people do them.
- by Jo, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Still has some rough edges in Firefox. The biggest annoyance is that the New Tab page doesn't work, just shows a frozen search input, and that there's no option to use the extension to manage workspaces without using it for the new tab page.
Edit: I've tried re-installing after the fix, but I'm still having the problem. The search box on the new tab page is not functional, and there is no option to use a different new tab page while using Workona. Disappointing.
Edit 2: New tab still not working, and now opening workspaces in new windows isn't working either. That's the main feature I use this app for, so it's pretty much useless until that gets fixed.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi Jo - Our apologies! We've now fixed the issue with the new tab you're describing here. Only users with certain settings encountered the issue, so we missed it in testing. Thanks for letting us know!