Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17262949, 10 months ago
Also echt. Workona öffnet einen Workspace, verliert dabei aber regelmäßig sämtliche URLs der einzelnen Tabs. Absolut unbrauchbar, da ich immer Angst um meine Tabs haben muss.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Theorem, 7 months agoA great tool when it works.
I've spent a few months using this add-on on a daily basis and I can say it's very useful when it behaves as expected. Too often I'll navigate to a tab that hasn't been opened in a while, the workona re-direct link is momentarily there, and then it just disappears.
I have to search for the part of the title that was visible and hope search results pop something up.
Then there's the case where my workspaces disappear. If I leave it alone for a while (hours), it will eventually come back, but I'm prevented from utilizing workona which is a pretty big hindrance once you develop a tool like this into your workflow.
I've also seen duplication of workspaces as unsaved workspaces which is annoying.
All-in-all, workflow helps me get some work done, but it's extremely frustrating when it doesn't work.
While this *core functionality* is still so unstable, I simply can not trust Workona enough to be converted into a paying customer.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16547653, 8 months agoI've read all the negative reviews but decided to try it anyway. After some trial and error I got it to save my 3 workspaces. It works, and it's a great free utility. I don't understand why people are complaining. It's a great free tool and it works great! Was looking for something like this for YEARS!!!!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by madams, 8 months agoWorkona has quickly become the best browser extension I've ever used. It will easily fit into any work process and provides many improvements and benefits. Also, I provided a feature feedback request last month that was implemented in the recent update!! AMAZING!!!
- Rated 1 out of 5by RiffRaffMama, 9 months agoUseless app. I can't even set up my account! Every time I click on set up account or log in I am just returned to the previous page. It's useless to me if I can't do anything with it!
- Rated 1 out of 5by wolfyname, 9 months agoWorst tab addon. I've used this for almost a year now for academic purposes. This is terrible. Doesn't save tabs, and seems to lose all my data after updating Firefox. Company seems to be greedy with limiting work spaces only to 3. It used to be 5.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Farshid, 9 months agoWorst addon I've ever used.
I have created a session tab for my works and added my tabs that I use for working, after creating that session I have clicked on that session, after closing it my tabs dissapeared and that don't even open again, I have lost all of my work tabs.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoSo sorry for the terrible first experience! We can see that you have a session in our database, which we've restored for you. In the future, if you ever lose tabs you can always restore them yourself from the "Restore previous tabs" option in the workspace menu:
- Rated 1 out of 5by saevarb, 10 months agoThis addon will redirect to a workona.com URL with your tab URL as a redirect to revive a dead tab.
This is just not acceptable. I highly doubt this is necessary from a technical standpoint, and even if it was, I wouldn't believe that this company isn't harvesting my data.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoSorry for the confusion! That is just our tab suspension functionality you're seeing. Our suspended tabs take up essentially no memory as all they contain is redirect (no data harvesting or analytics at all). If you're by chance a developer, it should be very easy for you to confirm that is the case.
Nonetheless, you can easily disable this feature in settings here: https://workona.com/0/settings/suspension
However, once you disable the feature, you'll no longer get the benefits of tab suspension, which means that all of the tabs you have open will be using up your computer's memory.
We originally didn't have the tab suspension feature, and quickly realized that it was an essential feature for a tab manager like Workona. You can read more about the feature and the motivations behind it here:
- Rated 1 out of 5by Traegger, 10 months agoIf you've talked to anyone who uses Workon, they've probably told you how bad it is. But you're probably skeptical, because after all, a lot of people seem to be using it. And the Pro and Business versions cost 7/month and 15/month, so people must be paying for something, right? Wrong. The free version is almost useless, and no, it's not worth 15/month. In fact, you'd have to pay me a lot more than 15/month to use this kludge.
It's true. Workona is a surprisingly bad tab manager. The reason it's used by a lot of people, is that its produced by a company with a certain business model. Quality, in the sense of the average user, is not that important to such companies. They need to convince the management of businesses that their software can improve productivity, when used in a certain way.
Also, companies at the mid level, not quite one person operations, but not Microsoft either, have the hardest time hiring good programmers, and they're the ones that need them most.
In sum, if you have a choice in the matter, don't even bother trying Workona; it's a waste of time. Almost any of the other options available will be a better choice.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoSorry to hear you've had a poor experience. Firefox recently made some changes that have caused a few bugs and other undesirable behaviors in our Firefox extension. We are working on fixing the bugs in our Firefox extension (which it sounds like you must have encountered, although you don't mention any issues specifically), and we hope to have them fixed soon. That said, our extensions for our other supported browsers are still rock solid.
To accuse us of not caring about the average user, or having bad developers, is just not fair. It is a very hard and rapidly changing space, and we believe we do better than any other tab manager out there. We care deeply about our users, and anyone that has reached out to our stellar support team to report an issue can attest to the truth of that.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16912926, 10 months agoReally liked using this tool as it solves many of my work organisational problems. However, as others have mentioned, at least in Firefox, it loses tabs FAR too often. It will open them, but when you click on a tab it just resets to "New Tab" and that's it, work lost.
I can sometimes recover them from the history, but if I have to spend time managing my tab manager, there's no point.
Sadly I can't rely on this tool as long as it has this problem.