- Rated 2 out of 5by Theorem, 3 months agoA great tool when it works.
I've spent a few months using this add-on on a daily basis and I can say it's very useful when it behaves as expected. Too often I'll navigate to a tab that hasn't been opened in a while, the workona re-direct link is momentarily there, and then it just disappears.
I have to search for the part of the title that was visible and hope search results pop something up.
Then there's the case where my workspaces disappear. If I leave it alone for a while (hours), it will eventually come back, but I'm prevented from utilizing workona which is a pretty big hindrance once you develop a tool like this into your workflow.
I've also seen duplication of workspaces as unsaved workspaces which is annoying.
All-in-all, workflow helps me get some work done, but it's extremely frustrating when it doesn't work.
While this *core functionality* is still so unstable, I simply can not trust Workona enough to be converted into a paying customer.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16547653, 5 months agoI've read all the negative reviews but decided to try it anyway. After some trial and error I got it to save my 3 workspaces. It works, and it's a great free utility. I don't understand why people are complaining. It's a great free tool and it works great! Was looking for something like this for YEARS!!!!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by madams, 5 months agoWorkona has quickly become the best browser extension I've ever used. It will easily fit into any work process and provides many improvements and benefits. Also, I provided a feature feedback request last month that was implemented in the recent update!! AMAZING!!!
- Rated 1 out of 5by RiffRaffMama, 6 months agoUseless app. I can't even set up my account! Every time I click on set up account or log in I am just returned to the previous page. It's useless to me if I can't do anything with it!
- Rated 1 out of 5by wolfyname, 6 months agoWorst tab addon. I've used this for almost a year now for academic purposes. This is terrible. Doesn't save tabs, and seems to lose all my data after updating Firefox. Company seems to be greedy with limiting work spaces only to 3. It used to be 5.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Farshid, 6 months agoWorst addon I've ever used.
I have created a session tab for my works and added my tabs that I use for working, after creating that session I have clicked on that session, after closing it my tabs dissapeared and that don't even open again, I have lost all of my work tabs.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoSo sorry for the terrible first experience! We can see that you have a session in our database, which we've restored for you. In the future, if you ever lose tabs you can always restore them yourself from the "Restore previous tabs" option in the workspace menu:
- Rated 1 out of 5by saevarb, 6 months agoThis addon will redirect to a workona.com URL with your tab URL as a redirect to revive a dead tab.
This is just not acceptable. I highly doubt this is necessary from a technical standpoint, and even if it was, I wouldn't believe that this company isn't harvesting my data.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoSorry for the confusion! That is just our tab suspension functionality you're seeing. Our suspended tabs take up essentially no memory as all they contain is redirect (no data harvesting or analytics at all). If you're by chance a developer, it should be very easy for you to confirm that is the case.
Nonetheless, you can easily disable this feature in settings here: https://workona.com/0/settings/suspension
However, once you disable the feature, you'll no longer get the benefits of tab suspension, which means that all of the tabs you have open will be using up your computer's memory.
We originally didn't have the tab suspension feature, and quickly realized that it was an essential feature for a tab manager like Workona. You can read more about the feature and the motivations behind it here:
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17262949, 7 months agoAlso echt. Workona öffnet einen Workspace, verliert dabei aber regelmäßig sämtliche URLs der einzelnen Tabs. Absolut unbrauchbar, da ich immer Angst um meine Tabs haben muss.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Traegger, 7 months agoIf you've talked to anyone who uses Workon, they've probably told you how bad it is. But you're probably skeptical, because after all, a lot of people seem to be using it. And the Pro and Business versions cost 7/month and 15/month, so people must be paying for something, right? Wrong. The free version is almost useless, and no, it's not worth 15/month. In fact, you'd have to pay me a lot more than 15/month to use this kludge.
It's true. Workona is a surprisingly bad tab manager. The reason it's used by a lot of people, is that its produced by a company with a certain business model. Quality, in the sense of the average user, is not that important to such companies. They need to convince the management of businesses that their software can improve productivity, when used in a certain way.
Also, companies at the mid level, not quite one person operations, but not Microsoft either, have the hardest time hiring good programmers, and they're the ones that need them most.
In sum, if you have a choice in the matter, don't even bother trying Workona; it's a waste of time. Almost any of the other options available will be a better choice.
Developer responseposted 7 months agoSorry to hear you've had a poor experience. Firefox recently made some changes that have caused a few bugs and other undesirable behaviors in our Firefox extension. We are working on fixing the bugs in our Firefox extension (which it sounds like you must have encountered, although you don't mention any issues specifically), and we hope to have them fixed soon. That said, our extensions for our other supported browsers are still rock solid.
To accuse us of not caring about the average user, or having bad developers, is just not fair. It is a very hard and rapidly changing space, and we believe we do better than any other tab manager out there. We care deeply about our users, and anyone that has reached out to our stellar support team to report an issue can attest to the truth of that.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16912926, 7 months agoReally liked using this tool as it solves many of my work organisational problems. However, as others have mentioned, at least in Firefox, it loses tabs FAR too often. It will open them, but when you click on a tab it just resets to "New Tab" and that's it, work lost.
I can sometimes recover them from the history, but if I have to spend time managing my tab manager, there's no point.
Sadly I can't rely on this tool as long as it has this problem.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15051113, 8 months agoUpdate#2: I found out that the bugs have to do something with the "tab suspender" extensions. I have tested with the old tab suspender called "New tab suspender" which shows some error but when I disabled the old and installed new extension called "Tab suspender" (one that has a fox logo in it) it did not give me any error. But I still had to manually click the screen to see the page even though the setting was "automatically unsuspend". I don't mind doing it then losing all my tabs but I truly hope Workona can fix this issue.
Update#1: It seems like the pinned tabs are not affected by the Workona's bugs. Which proves that the errors are caused by Workona. I have bumped up the stars from two to three hoping Workona could fix this issue because this was the best extension I have ever used on Firefox and other extensions simply can't compete.
When I open the firefox and click on any tabs they appear to be blank. It just says New tab. I have been experiencing this issue for the last four days and I am currently trying different extensions and I will probably change to a new one. But honestly I just wish it will be easy for me to move all the data from Workona to a new extension. Thank you though.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17185918, 8 months agoAfter I closed firefox and opened it again, some tabs disappeared as I click them. I have experienced this issue twice. It's a good app in Chrome but the firefox version is very disappointing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13150462, 8 months agoAs another poster wrote: "Conceptually a good app."
However, I experience SO many bugs, chrashes, and errors in tab handling. In the end, it's just a pain to work with. Guess it's back to normal bookmarks, then..
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16811184, 8 months agoMy experience with this extension has been uneven.
I was an early adopter of Workona and initially liked it. The design is intuitive, and dividing my work into separate work spaces helped me keep track of things. It really did change my workflow for the better.
However, recently it's been losing the data in my tabs. It can't load the tab info; the tabs itself remains, but the content is just "new tab" (i.e., open to whatever generic page Firefox opens to). This makes the whole concept pretty useless.
Their website doesn't provide any info on how to solve this.
I've since switched to something simpler that basically allows me to visually divide my work into sets of tabs (Tab Stash). While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Workona, that doesn't matter. I just want a way to keep groups of tabs visually/conceptually organized.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Mayhew, 10 months agoConceptually a good app. Two major problems keep me from continuing to use it:
* Limit of 5 workspaces unless you pay $9/mo. Ridiculously expensive for glorified bookmarks.
* Functionality is super-wonky. Sometimes I get all these excess windows labeled "4 hidden tabs", which automatically minimize when I try to focus them. On top of that, whenever I restart Firefox, each of the windows I had open before begin focus on a brand new tab, and each of the windows I had open before open up a brand new window with a single Workona tab.
It's just a huge mess that is a pain to deal with. The admittedly cool benefits I get are not worth the money and the headache.