- by Firefox user 16912926, 7 days agoRated 2 out of 5Really liked using this tool as it solves many of my work organisational problems. However, as others have mentioned, at least in Firefox, it loses tabs FAR too often. It will open them, but when you click on a tab it just resets to "New Tab" and that's it, work lost.
I can sometimes recover them from the history, but if I have to spend time managing my tab manager, there's no point.
Sadly I can't rely on this tool as long as it has this problem.
- by Firefox user 15051113, a month agoRated 3 out of 5Update#2: I found out that the bugs have to do something with the "tab suspender" extensions. I have tested with the old tab suspender called "New tab suspender" which shows some error but when I disabled the old and installed new extension called "Tab suspender" (one that has a fox logo in it) it did not give me any error. But I still had to manually click the screen to see the page even though the setting was "automatically unsuspend". I don't mind doing it then losing all my tabs but I truly hope Workona can fix this issue.
Update#1: It seems like the pinned tabs are not affected by the Workona's bugs. Which proves that the errors are caused by Workona. I have bumped up the stars from two to three hoping Workona could fix this issue because this was the best extension I have ever used on Firefox and other extensions simply can't compete.
When I open the firefox and click on any tabs they appear to be blank. It just says New tab. I have been experiencing this issue for the last four days and I am currently trying different extensions and I will probably change to a new one. But honestly I just wish it will be easy for me to move all the data from Workona to a new extension. Thank you though.
- by Firefox user 17185918, a month agoRated 2 out of 5After I closed firefox and opened it again, some tabs disappeared as I click them. I have experienced this issue twice. It's a good app in Chrome but the firefox version is very disappointing.
- by Firefox user 13150462, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5As another poster wrote: "Conceptually a good app."
However, I experience SO many bugs, chrashes, and errors in tab handling. In the end, it's just a pain to work with. Guess it's back to normal bookmarks, then..
- by Firefox user 16811184, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5My experience with this extension has been uneven.
I was an early adopter of Workona and initially liked it. The design is intuitive, and dividing my work into separate work spaces helped me keep track of things. It really did change my workflow for the better.
However, recently it's been losing the data in my tabs. It can't load the tab info; the tabs itself remains, but the content is just "new tab" (i.e., open to whatever generic page Firefox opens to). This makes the whole concept pretty useless.
Their website doesn't provide any info on how to solve this.
I've since switched to something simpler that basically allows me to visually divide my work into sets of tabs (Tab Stash). While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Workona, that doesn't matter. I just want a way to keep groups of tabs visually/conceptually organized.
- by Mayhew, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Conceptually a good app. Two major problems keep me from continuing to use it:
* Limit of 5 workspaces unless you pay $9/mo. Ridiculously expensive for glorified bookmarks.
* Functionality is super-wonky. Sometimes I get all these excess windows labeled "4 hidden tabs", which automatically minimize when I try to focus them. On top of that, whenever I restart Firefox, each of the windows I had open before begin focus on a brand new tab, and each of the windows I had open before open up a brand new window with a single Workona tab.
It's just a huge mess that is a pain to deal with. The admittedly cool benefits I get are not worth the money and the headache.
- by 0b10110, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5Beautifully thought out application. It is transformed how I work and how efficient I am at work. It is also a sort of auto-journaling of all the work that I am doing and have done in the past.
For projects I have completed, I can always go back to them and pull up any link or resource that I used for that project. People at work think i am a genius now (but its all thank to Workona hehe)
- by Firefox user 14495040, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I love it. It allows me to synchronize workgroup between Firefox and Chromium browsers. I can have my tabs organized between both type of browsers. I really wished this had been invented years ago when I was a college student doing research. I can't imagine not having it now that I've been using it for a few months.
- by pst, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5Cool idea and it looks nice, but it doesn't integrate well with Firefox Containers (one of the best features in FF) which is a huge neg for me.
The tabs get stored as a workona.com redirect, so the container plugin doesn't know how to handle until the redirect opens then you end up with 2 tabs and you have to manually close them. May as well just use a bookmarks folder.
Also have to manually set workona.com as the home page.
This addon has a lot of potential, but until it works with containers I don't like it.
- by Firefox user 13673487, 6 months agoRated 1 out of 5Workspaces dont work on androidYou can access your workspace on Android by logging into workona.com in your mobile browser. We currently offer an app for iOS devices, and plan to release an Android app in the future.
- by Firefox user 12873217, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very practical addon, since I installed it I can work on my desktop and my laptop and switch between those two in no time. I have not found better app in this category.