Review by 17672916
- Rated 5 out of 5by Timin Tablets, a month agoPrivate Bookmarks enables a special password-protected bookmark folder. Your private bookmarks are encrypted with your chosen password. This is not an online service, and you are in control of what data leaves your machine (if at all).
- Rated 1 out of 5by someone, 2 months agomy bookmarks got deleted for some reason... I have not used my bookmarks for a long time. Now that i wanted to use them they are all gone. Thank you very much...
- Rated 1 out of 5by HydrasWorld, 3 months agoBACKUP YOUR BOOKMARKS! I installed this, moved bookmarks into the private bookmarks area, then locked it. Came back the next day and unlocked it only to find all the private bookmarks EMPTY!
I had a backup, but if I hadn't all my private bookmarks would have been lost!
I use Firefox sync, and I read the description before installing and using it too.
The github issue tracker is full of issues and bugs. My advice, avoid, look elsewhere.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15536911, 5 months agoDO NOT USE!! No longer updated. It will make private bookmarks visible in synced devices without requiring a password.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Panical, 8 months agoWas amazing but password no longer works! Edit: Lost my password AGAIN ~2 weeks later with my new bookmarks this is stupid! For some reason this time it seems to be because my previous password was under 8 characters, now it's asking for over 8 for some reason. Please fix this atrocity. It also asks for a number now. It's local you morons
- Rated 1 out of 5by katey1801, 8 months agoI have either forgotten my password or it is no longer working. Needs to add some kind of password recovery system. Why not let it have email as a means of recovery?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17530236, 9 months agodecryption process taking more time which is not expected for a bunch of bookmarks.
- Rated 1 out of 5by HCumberdale, a year agoLost encrypted bookmarks, extension not updated anymore, dont use