- Rated 4 out of 5by total, 5 days agoawesome, less laggy than the actual twitch website, been using this for a while. one issue thats come up though is that i am unable to clip streams as of recently. it was fine maybe a few months ago but now im entirely unable to. if that can be fixed this would be five stars, but even then this is a great addon :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Jupee, 2 months agoBeen using for a while, must have for me nowdays.
One thing, showing low res stream during ads has been broken for some time, it works for 1-2 seconds then it's goes to a black screen.
- Rated 4 out of 5by mgute, 5 months agoHi, this is a great extension.
When watching a stream with ads, it no longer switches to lower resolution when playing ads, only shows a black screen (switches back to the stream fine when the ad is over). The extension 'Video Ad-Block, for Twitch' still can switch to lower resolution when playing ads (however uses regular twitch player).
It would be really nice if we can use your player for twitch vods, not just livestreams.
- Rated 4 out of 5by e2li, 9 months agoХорошее расширение, но есть БОЛЬШАЯ проблема: даёт задержку на стрим в районе 10-15 секунд, при минимальной задержке в настройках и вообще. Убрать бы задержку, что бы в реальном времени было - было бы замечательно.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Alienfodder, a year agoI've just downloaded this extension so I can't comment on all the features. But... I had been having this really annoying issue with the audio and video being desynched for Twitch in Firefox. After trying all kinds of solutions that didn't work, I installed this extension and it solved the problem. Very happy! :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14609807, a year agoUsed to work great until today, the button on the top right to switch to the player doesn't appear anymore.
Temp fix : go to your extensions > cogwheel top right > debug extensions > scroll to the Alternative Twitch player and click the manifest URL> replace /manifest.json by /player.html?channel=
This should work for now
- Rated 4 out of 5by Medievalman22, a year agoHuge improvement over the default player, excluding the odd theater preference. Videos load way faster, buffer less, and adds extra customization. Also, it solves the vanishing controls bug, which is why I used it initially. (EDIT: Doesn't solve the vanishing controls for VODs)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Yan, 2 years agoХорошее дополнение, уменьшает нагрузку на ЦП, удобное управление, но когда стример кидает рейд, то поток просто останавливается и не перекидывает на другой канал. Не хватает ссылок на описание, видео, расписание канала.
- Rated 4 out of 5by hgfjhgfjhfggfj, 2 years ago*final conclusion
ive been using alternate twitch player between oct '20 and february '21 due to twitch overblowing their ad deployments. however over the past month ive switched back to the standard built in twitch player and ive been faced with, well a reasonable amount of ads really. and their video quality has improved drastically (better than alternate player quality in some cases). just recently theyve FINALLY aligned the theater mode player to have even top and bottom black bars (which has prompted my final conclusions here) so i must say that as much as i now fully recommend sticking to the original twitch player, this still has its use cases as being a very efficient player (5w on my laptop compared to a jumpy 6-9w with the built-in player) and as well being very responsive and less obtrusive. however with the lack of FFZ compression and the comparative quality of twitch's built-in player, i will use theirs for the foreseeable future.
thanks for the extension which saved me for some months from pulling my hair out.