Reviews for Alternate Player for Twitch.tv
Alternate Player for Twitch.tv by Alexander Choporov (CoolCmd)
Review by Roman
Rated 3 out of 5by Roman, 2 months ago
I still don't understand which of my extensions stop this one from working, but some of them do. Disclaimer: by "stops this one from working" I mean that I can't log into Twitch and use chat with this extension's player. Sometimes, I turn off an extension, then this player starts working for a while, but then when I refresh the page this player stops working again. So, in the end, the choice is thus: you either use this extension and this extension only, OR you use anything and everything else. It's not for me. Twitch is just one of the websites I use, and I need my extensions for others.
- Rated 4 out of 5by wotplayer80, 11 days agoAgain problem with collecting channel points and drops... Any update?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17795136, 24 days agoThank you to your amazing alternate twitch player ! it works like a charm here. Sadly i cant make a paypal donation... when i try it says me that "this user cannot accept payements"... i'll definitely try again from time to time until it works :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16751724, 24 days agoIs there anything that can be done with the stream delay? There's like a 2 second delay on streams. It's obvious seeing the reactions from the chat coming in early, or even when I compare it with my tablet.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14816717, a month agoIt's pretty great, but for some reason there is no option to see the followed streamers left sidebar. I use that a LOT so it unfortunately prevents me from being able to use this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by SearedBeard, a month agoThis add-on has been great but updated today and now channel points no longer increase for any channel. Tested disabling the add-on and channel points work again.
Edit: Tried two earlier versions and channel points don't work. Maybe Twitch changed their API again.
Edit 2: Points working again. Back to 5 stars!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Torbjørn, 2 months agoLooks great, thanks CoolCmd. Would it be possible to make it work for archives on twitch as well? I am having annoying issues with the standard player for archives, and feel like yours would work way better.
- Rated 3 out of 5by furydeath, 2 months agoIt use to work but not when it's "hiding ads" it just pause the stream might as well just watch the ad.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Omnivore, 2 months agoTwitch API changes have broken this extension, for most users. You can view video but, login is failing (so no chat or user presence.) Until it's updated, you'll need to find another method. This is by far the best Twitch viewing experience, when it works. I'd donate in a heartbeat if the creator relocated and started taking other currencies ...
Developer responseposted 2 months agoIf you have browser extension DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials (or similar privacy extensions) installed, try to disable/remove it. Also read the built-in help in the player.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mandy, 2 months agoWorks pretty well; my main gripe is the lack of the streamer list on the left side of the interface. There's no real way to see when a streamer has popped online to stream without exiting the interface or having another window open. Fix this and it's easily 5 stars.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Misha, 2 months agoNot work with a very bad connect. And can't work with other extensions.
It's not for me.
- Rated 4 out of 5by styder, 3 months agoI like most of this add-on but a couple things are keeping it from being perfect. First is the lack of an option to turn back on the list of streams I follow, meaning I have to keep another window open and switch to it to see if people Im not watching come online. Another small gripe is all the mouseover explanations in the statistics page are in Russian even when I have the language set to English so most of that data is useless. Other than that, and a little bit of extra delay it introduces to the stream, its a great alternative to the vanilla player.
- Rated 5 out of 5by zaemz, 3 months agoLooks like there was an update and the add-on is working again.
Thank you, Alexander. This is a fantastic piece of software and actually lets me watch Twitch! Not sure why, but the site straight up won't let me stream without it.
You do good work. Stay safe.