- by jherm86, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Works great. I'd rather sit in silence than have to listen to horrible loud ads. Sometimes I leave streams open while I am sleeping.
One issue I've noticed, is that even when the volume slider is all the way down, it does not fully mute the volume.
- by Mozart, a month agoRated 5 out of 5It works GREAT when it actually shows up on the site, recently it just disappeared from the site and until that is fixed its just a 3 star review because when it works its 5/5 stars
EDIT: Works in new update, hopefully it stays working, 5 stars since its working
- by Firefox user 14609807, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Used to work great until today, the button on the top right to switch to the player doesn't appear anymore.
Temp fix : go to your extensions > cogwheel top right > debug extensions > scroll to the Alternative Twitch player and click the manifest URL> replace /manifest.json by /player.html?channel=
This should work for now
- by PatheticCockroach, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great improvement over the Vanilla Twitch player. Notably good to get rid of ads, and for the possibilities given to tweak video buffering and all just like you want.
I just wish there was a way to force the UI to remain visible at all time (currently, if I move my mouse out of the video panel, things like the pause button get immediately hidden).
Edit: thanks for your superfast reply. That wasn't really my question though, pause was just an example for illustration, the thing is I just want to keep the whole UI visible at all time. That being said, apart from this minor point, the extension is AMAZING. Can't believe I've been able to bear Twitch without it before, it's a life-changer. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 15171615, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Great plugin, really saved me when trying to watch streams on my raspberry pi when they kept crashing the browser before. Wish I could increase the volume past max tho on a quiet laptop