- Rated 5 out of 5by LeeteqXV, a month agoSeems to work well, allthough I have not analyzed the memory usage/liberation exactly yet. In some browser profiles I use 3 minutes timeout, the main browser is set to 15 min. (900 seconds) timeout. Important that it does not require any unnecessary permissions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Helder Magalhães, 9 months agoExtension is great and won the competition by allowing customization of "time to suspend". In my use-case I use two hours (7200 seconds), which equivalent extensions didn't allow me to set; less than that causes tabs to get suspended too early, which is sub-optimal.
Aligned with other comments, I would also like that suspended tabs would get a visual notification; as an *alternative* and/or complement, the number of tabs overlay in the toolbar button could be turned into the number of suspended tabs or, at least, suspended/total.
Keep up the good work! 😉
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16147975, a year agoI have a lot of tab's open but not useing and this keeps them open, on standby but not eating up data and running time making the main tap work it's full. Thank You all for your hard work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by NJ, a year agoThe options is simple and it's just working perfectly!! Thank you~
I just found another extension that similar with this extension, but when I use it the option is really complicated🙃 So I deside to use this!! THank you for make this extension!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bert, a year agoI've run a comparison of (most) of the currently available tab suspender/tab discard addons, and Total Suspender came out as the clear winner: minimal permission footprint, works reliably, and provides the right amount of customization.
Thanks a lot, k5md for writing (and updating) this quality addon. Let me know if there's a tip jar I could go and check out :)
// Full comparison //
Total Suspender: this addon, my favorite
New Tab Suspender: runner-up, almost as good as Total Suspender, but could use a few more options
Tab Suspender: lacks several relevant options
Auto Tab Reaper: same as previous, not customizable enough
Auto Tab Discard: my previous favorite, but became unreliable lately, and requires unnecessary permissions
- Rated 5 out of 5by Benyamin Limanto, 2 years agoThis suspender works great for mobile laptop. I use it on my old asus laptop, and it keep the CPU usage down and If I need the tab back, I just need to press the suspended tab and viola the tab is back. It's great!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zlobnyashka, 2 years agoReally simple, small and useful addon.
It do exactly needed without any suspicious extra-permissions.
two feature requests here:
1. Manual tab restore:
it would be really usefull to add option that tabs can be restored manually only (without automatic restore right after switch to the suspended tab)
let's say, by click inside suspended tab on some special link/area
2. suspended tab preview
additionally for 1st FR it would be helpful to have some small screenshot-preview of suspended tab in this case.
but at least site URL and tab name may be enough.
and one more time, thank you for this addon.
- Rated 5 out of 5by MX, 2 years agoI'm very happy with the limited permissions!
I wish there was a way to differentiate suspended tabs (color/brightness/size/anything) on Firefox (the way The Great Suspender extension did for Chrome).