- by AmberR, 11 days agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is great. It's light weight, doesn't require me to create an account, and works as expected. I know a lot of reviewers said they wish it showed better which tabs are suspended, I use this in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs where it does grey out the suspended tabs so I get that visual. However, what I would like is the ability to click on a tab to see what it is without unsuspending it. If you could provide an option for manual unsuspend it would make this a 5 star add-on.
- by Firefox user 12986864, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Awesome addon! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would really like to have a visual indication that the tab is unloaded. That would make this extension perfect. Nice job anyway. Thanks!
- by Fonzie!, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5This does what it has to do, has a setting for the time and for not suspending tabs that play media and is suuuper light weight!
I'd love to have a visual indicator of a tab being suspended, such as the text and icon being greyed out, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
- by Firefox user 13766921, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is the best to save memory, but it would be amazing if I could suspend all my tabs to the left, or to the right, or even suspend them all, I can do it only one by one.
- by Europa2010AD, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Simple and does what's required. However if there is an option so that tabs can be restored manually (say, after switching to the suspended tab, it only gets restored with another click on the page itself), that'd make this add-on perfect.
- by AlEx, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A have a problem with addon, it just not working after some time from starting firefox.
Now I set 10 seconds delay, wait for 20 seconds and press button - "suspend now if criteria match", but nothing happens. I have 96 open tabs, none of them suspend.
If I press "suspend all now" it works fine for all tabs.
How can I debug? The same problem was with "Tub Suspender" addon.
May be its because other addons that I use:
Open Tabs Next to Current?
Thank you for any help.
Developer responseposted a year agoHello, AlEx and thank you for giving Total Suspender a try!
First of all, since addons reviews page does not allow for a conversation (I can only give a reply), I would like to request that you create an issue on project's github page ( https://github.com/k5md/Total-Suspender-webextension/issues/new ) to make communication more effective.
To save your time, please, provide your settings in issue (especially "Ignore tabs producing sound" option status), and try to disable automute and if it doesn't help, disable Open Tabs Next to Current?, so that we can find out what causes the problem, since that if other tab suspending addon doesn't work, it is highly likely there is some conflict with Auto mute extension (then, updating tab state to "muted" somehow changes it's "audible" property?), or with tab-moving "Open Tabs Next to Current?".
- by Vindikato, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Give how many tab suspended
+ no strange addon's url when suspending
== native one == no addon depandency in th futur
== Readable title for SessionSavers == <3
+ Low Memory use
++ White/Black Lists
++ Prevent suspend on Audio playing / pinned
++ Min timing....
- by Firefox user 15322094, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5I really enjoy the extension semplicity and ease of use. The only improvement needed, in my opinion, is adding a way to recognize suspended tabs and not reloading them by accident.
- by Firefox user 15051916, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5great addon , only thing annoying is no examples or guide on how to add url "patterns" syntax for whitelist and blacklist.
I tried to use * at the end of a url but it doesn't work.