Review by Firefox user 12261858
- Rated 5 out of 5by BryanChance, 3 months agoThis one works great! Simple and effective. I tried several other ones.
- Rated 5 out of 5by LeeteqXV, 9 months agoSeems to work well, allthough I have not analyzed the memory usage/liberation exactly yet. In some browser profiles I use 3 minutes timeout, the main browser is set to 15 min. (900 seconds) timeout. Important that it does not require any unnecessary permissions.
- Rated 2 out of 5by LLLLLLLllllllIIIIIiiii:::..|°|, 10 months agoThis addon is doing its job good.
It offers user to make several custom adjustments.
Also displays on its addon symbol the number of open tabs, though this is truncated to only 3 digits.
Needs minimal permissions.
But it is very disappointing in heavy usage. A firefox with 1000s of tabs gets very sluggish with this addon, resulting in very noticeable slow response, unbearable delays when switching between tabs.
- Rated 1 out of 5by napsterX, a year agoNot great at all. My firefox started eating more memory after adding this. Without the plugin, it was using 1.3GB and after adding plugin, it went to 2GB
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17217940, a year agoEN 8 MESES INSTALADA .
NUNCA HA FUNCIONADO.
¿ Firefox no tiene ninguna extensión tipo Marvellous Suspender que está en Chrome que SÍ FUNCIONA?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Helder Magalhães, a year agoExtension is great and won the competition by allowing customization of "time to suspend". In my use-case I use two hours (7200 seconds), which equivalent extensions didn't allow me to set; less than that causes tabs to get suspended too early, which is sub-optimal.
Aligned with other comments, I would also like that suspended tabs would get a visual notification; as an *alternative* and/or complement, the number of tabs overlay in the toolbar button could be turned into the number of suspended tabs or, at least, suspended/total.
Keep up the good work! 😉
- Rated 4 out of 5by AmberR, a year agoThis extension is great. It's light weight, doesn't require me to create an account, and works as expected. I know a lot of reviewers said they wish it showed better which tabs are suspended, I use this in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs where it does grey out the suspended tabs so I get that visual. However, what I would like is the ability to click on a tab to see what it is without unsuspending it. If you could provide an option for manual unsuspend it would make this a 5 star add-on.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Miguel, 2 years agoThis is useful, but I think adding an indicator to the "suspended" tabs icon or something would be more useful even
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12986864, 2 years agoAwesome addon! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would really like to have a visual indication that the tab is unloaded. That would make this extension perfect. Nice job anyway. Thanks!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Fonzie!, 2 years agoThis does what it has to do, has a setting for the time and for not suspending tabs that play media and is suuuper light weight!
I'd love to have a visual indicator of a tab being suspended, such as the text and icon being greyed out, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16147975, 2 years agoI have a lot of tab's open but not useing and this keeps them open, on standby but not eating up data and running time making the main tap work it's full. Thank You all for your hard work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by NJ, 2 years agoThe options is simple and it's just working perfectly!! Thank you~
I just found another extension that similar with this extension, but when I use it the option is really complicated🙃 So I deside to use this!! THank you for make this extension!!
- Rated 4 out of 5by acivilizedhuman, 2 years agoIt would be helpful to have a clearer indication of a suspended tab, such as, by increasing its favicon transparency.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bert, 2 years agoI've run a comparison of (most) of the currently available tab suspender/tab discard addons, and Total Suspender came out as the clear winner: minimal permission footprint, works reliably, and provides the right amount of customization.
Thanks a lot, k5md for writing (and updating) this quality addon. Let me know if there's a tip jar I could go and check out :)
// Full comparison //
Total Suspender: this addon, my favorite
New Tab Suspender: runner-up, almost as good as Total Suspender, but could use a few more options
Tab Suspender: lacks several relevant options
Auto Tab Reaper: same as previous, not customizable enough
Auto Tab Discard: my previous favorite, but became unreliable lately, and requires unnecessary permissions
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13766921, 2 years agoThis extension is the best to save memory, but it would be amazing if I could suspend all my tabs to the left, or to the right, or even suspend them all, I can do it only one by one.