by Benyamin Limanto, a year ago
Rated 5 out of 5
This suspender works great for mobile laptop. I use it on my old asus laptop, and it keep the CPU usage down and If I need the tab back, I just need to press the suspended tab and viola the tab is back. It's great!
- by Firefox user 15166984, 12 days agoRated 5 out of 5It works perfectly and has all the essential options. Not sure if it grays suspended tabs but it does though Sidebery. Asks for the least amount of Permissions too.
- by Helder Magalhães, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Extension is great and won the competition by allowing customization of "time to suspend". In my use-case I use two hours (7200 seconds), which equivalent extensions didn't allow me to set; less than that causes tabs to get suspended too early, which is sub-optimal.
Aligned with other comments, I would also like that suspended tabs would get a visual notification; as an *alternative* and/or complement, the number of tabs overlay in the toolbar button could be turned into the number of suspended tabs or, at least, suspended/total.
Keep up the good work! 😉
- by AmberR, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is great. It's light weight, doesn't require me to create an account, and works as expected. I know a lot of reviewers said they wish it showed better which tabs are suspended, I use this in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs where it does grey out the suspended tabs so I get that visual. However, what I would like is the ability to click on a tab to see what it is without unsuspending it. If you could provide an option for manual unsuspend it would make this a 5 star add-on.
- by Firefox user 12986864, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Awesome addon! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would really like to have a visual indication that the tab is unloaded. That would make this extension perfect. Nice job anyway. Thanks!
- by Fonzie!, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5This does what it has to do, has a setting for the time and for not suspending tabs that play media and is suuuper light weight!
I'd love to have a visual indicator of a tab being suspended, such as the text and icon being greyed out, which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
- by Firefox user 16147975, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I have a lot of tab's open but not useing and this keeps them open, on standby but not eating up data and running time making the main tap work it's full. Thank You all for your hard work.
- by NJ, a year agoRated 5 out of 5The options is simple and it's just working perfectly!! Thank you~
I just found another extension that similar with this extension, but when I use it the option is really complicated🙃 So I deside to use this!! THank you for make this extension!!
- by Bert, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I've run a comparison of (most) of the currently available tab suspender/tab discard addons, and Total Suspender came out as the clear winner: minimal permission footprint, works reliably, and provides the right amount of customization.
Thanks a lot, k5md for writing (and updating) this quality addon. Let me know if there's a tip jar I could go and check out :)
// Full comparison //
Total Suspender: this addon, my favorite
New Tab Suspender: runner-up, almost as good as Total Suspender, but could use a few more options
Tab Suspender: lacks several relevant options
Auto Tab Reaper: same as previous, not customizable enough
Auto Tab Discard: my previous favorite, but became unreliable lately, and requires unnecessary permissions
- by Firefox user 13766921, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This extension is the best to save memory, but it would be amazing if I could suspend all my tabs to the left, or to the right, or even suspend them all, I can do it only one by one.
- by Zlobnyashka, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Really simple, small and useful addon.
It do exactly needed without any suspicious extra-permissions.
two feature requests here:
1. Manual tab restore:
it would be really usefull to add option that tabs can be restored manually only (without automatic restore right after switch to the suspended tab)
let's say, by click inside suspended tab on some special link/area
2. suspended tab preview
additionally for 1st FR it would be helpful to have some small screenshot-preview of suspended tab in this case.
but at least site URL and tab name may be enough.
and one more time, thank you for this addon.
- by Europa2010AD, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Simple and does what's required. However if there is an option so that tabs can be restored manually (say, after switching to the suspended tab, it only gets restored with another click on the page itself), that'd make this add-on perfect.
- by AlEx, a year agoRated 4 out of 5A have a problem with addon, it just not working after some time from starting firefox.
Now I set 10 seconds delay, wait for 20 seconds and press button - "suspend now if criteria match", but nothing happens. I have 96 open tabs, none of them suspend.
If I press "suspend all now" it works fine for all tabs.
How can I debug? The same problem was with "Tub Suspender" addon.
May be its because other addons that I use:
Open Tabs Next to Current?
Thank you for any help.
Developer responseposted a year agoHello, AlEx and thank you for giving Total Suspender a try!
First of all, since addons reviews page does not allow for a conversation (I can only give a reply), I would like to request that you create an issue on project's github page ( https://github.com/k5md/Total-Suspender-webextension/issues/new ) to make communication more effective.
To save your time, please, provide your settings in issue (especially "Ignore tabs producing sound" option status), and try to disable automute and if it doesn't help, disable Open Tabs Next to Current?, so that we can find out what causes the problem, since that if other tab suspending addon doesn't work, it is highly likely there is some conflict with Auto mute extension (then, updating tab state to "muted" somehow changes it's "audible" property?), or with tab-moving "Open Tabs Next to Current?".