- by Claudy Dark, a month agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you for this nice extension, I really like the search function, but I don't work much with multiple windows or pinned tabs, instead I am missing the option to move the search selected tabs to a bookmark folder (new one or existing one), these are more stable to store inside firefox and can be easily opened as new window if needed. Now I have to open the selected tabs in new window to move them from there to my bookmark folder.
Please, implement move to bookmark folder ;-)
- by RexRacer, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Yeah, I don't understand the negative reviews, either. On my machine, it works perfectly. Thank you, Markus!
Works seamlessly with New Tab Suspender. This combo has massively lowered my CPU usage, which also makes it good for my electricity bill as well as the planet ;-)
- by Red, 5 months agoRated 5 out of 5I just downloaded this extension and within 5 minutes have decided it's fabulous! I read the negative reviews first, and my conclusion is those people didn't read the tips/instructions. It was helpful to know not to click the red x, and I agree, a confirm delete warning would be a useful addition (if it doesn't yet exist - not going to click to test just in case). I'm finding the interface is fairly intuitive and I like the duplicate tabs feature. I knew I needed to get my tabs cleaned up and under control but I was stunned to see I had well over 2,000 tabs open so I've already nuked a bunch of them. I see there hasn't been any update for over a year - I hope the developer will keep this extension up to date! Thanks for a great tool!
- by HristoPenkov, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Awful, it doesn't restore the tabs at all. I have a session with around 500 tabs saved, each time I click on the restore button it just opens up 3 or 5 unrelated tabs from god knows when and that's it.
This is the second time this has happened, the first time I lucked out and somehow managed to make it restore the window with all of the tabs. Sadly my procrastination got the better of me and I never wrote down how I managed to do it, come to think of it I should have just installed another addon instead.
Now I have a the saved window sitting there, with all the tabs listed, when I hover over them the links are displayed, yet I can't copy them and I can't restore the session.
The method provided by the developer below worked and I was able to restore my session.
I don't know how to reply so I decided to update the review and also bump up the rating. I was emotional when I originally wrote the review and I don't think it's fair for the addon to receive such a low rating due to 1 bug, especially when the developer was quick to offer a working solution.
As far as the number of tabs is concerned, unless the addon is opened in it's own tab it won't restore windows no matter how many tabs are present, which is weird as everything else in the UI is working correctly.
Anyway, thanks for the help and sorry for my bad temper.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoHi Hristo,
first of all that doesn't seem right - it shouldn't behave this way. But please remember that "session management" is marked as an experimental feature and that it's in beta. So you have to use it on your own risk. I have never tested it on a window with 500 tabs...
Now to solve your issue : Can you please try to open the tab manager in its' own tab ( right click on the icon and "Open in own tab" ) and then try restoring the sessions from there? And then see if that works?
Edit: Glad it worked for you! It seems the popup gets closed half-way when sending the request to the background page - maybe the background page gets killed because the popup was closed? Going to investigate this for one of the next updates! Thank you for the update and confirming the work-around!
- by Firefox user 14307212, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on would get 5 stars but for a few really frustrating things. Worst is that the labels for each window (and the colors) don't remain. Instead each label becomes whatever is the open tab in its group. The most recent time I opened Firefox the labels were scrambled so that they were all on the wrong group. Another issue is that the pop up opens in the center of my screen rather than on the side no matter what I have tried to move it. Also, the groups cannot be moved around and the colors are awful. On the plus side is being able to organize tabs, to move them from one group to another and to be able to close them from within the add-on. IMHO with a few fixes this would be a great organizing tool.