- by Unbolted, 9 days agoRated 4 out of 5This extension has saved me alot of time, and alot of clicks! I use YouTube for many things, tutorials and entertainment and one thing that they usually share in common is the content creator having sponsors and simply content unrelated to the video. Now these take up a minute or 2 or even more sometimes, and that's really annoying. Now a minute may not sound like much, and you could say just click past the sponsor, but number 1, with this extension, that can be automated or you can use a hotkey to skip it, so there is less movement of your fingers, and as for "it's just 1 minute", you can actually view stats at the extensions menu for how much time you've saved since using this. It's a bit like discounts, say for instance you can just type in a coupon for 20 cents off, 20 cents doesn't sound like alot, but after a while it can really add up to so much. Now I know this is like comparing apples to oranges but why go through the hassle of extra clicks when you could have 1 or no clicks?
This extension is not a RAM Hog, it doesn't really cause lag to my browser at all, and that's just great!
I am so grateful such extension exists, and with all the customization that is available, I just can't see myself not using this at all!
I have a few issues that are fairly minor but I would still like to point out.
First of all, the settings is a little bit confusing, while the UI is clean and easy to use, the options are not explained well, specifically the skip options and interface section settings. They just aren't really explained well, nor is there any easy to access place to view what these options can do or mean. I just think that the wiki should be set out a bit better as it doesn't seem to load right and it's hard to find what you are looking for.
Now this one is to do with the icon, I just don't really like the design, and since it's displayed in a small format, that small line on the outside just doesn't look that good from a design standpoint.
These small things, should NOT stop you from getting this extension will have a guaranteed benefit of saving you time. It should be noted that as much as you can rely on the community, it's still a community effort to record content. By submitting sections unrelated to the video, you will be helping thousands of people, and it's not too hard to do!
- by Celerijucator, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Highly recommend installing this if you want classic non-advertising in YouTube videos. Ability to configure what you do not want to see. Problems with this still are user submissions and ease of override content itself.
- by Firefox user 17189571, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Was very good when it worked.
It saves alot of time when watching guides and heavily sponsored content, but recently the addon stopped auto skipping even though it's enabled.
- by zilexa, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5What is unclear about this addon: does it ONLY block sponsors or also the regular video ads (prerolls) before a video and between videos in a playlist? And what about regular image ads on the website but outside the videoplayer?
I guess the question is: do I need 2 add-ons, yours and AdBlocker for Youtube? Or does your add-on also block actual advertisements that are easy to recognize/do not need crowd-sourced library?
- by Sepheris, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5Love the extension, does exactly what it says. The only issue I have, which stopped me from rating 5 stars, is the whitelisting feature. I have tried to add Internet Historian and Incognito Mode to the whitelist several times, but only seems to last for the video I'm on. As soon as I watch another video, the segment is skipped again.