- by Firefox user 14507882, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5good performance, but overall i preffer if u change right click translate to floating translate icon when someone want to translate by selection highlighting some text/article. it would be super nice :D many thank you
- by Danny, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Simple and allows to adjust the appearance of the "button". The feature I'm missing is to trigger translation by a shortcut, therefore 4 stars. Overall it's a solid add-on.
- by Firefox user 14268443, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Settings allow you to config background color and text styles of the popup.
Reverse translation (works if second language is detected) is not working.
- by Макар, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Расширение замечательное, справляется со своими задачами.
Однако у него есть один огромный минус: он не может переводить стандартые страницы FireFox.
К примеру описание к расширению, выделяю текст, но окно с переводом не появляется!
Надеюсь, что данную проблему в скором времени исправят, а так расширение одно из лучших в своём роде.
- by Firefox user 14152652, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Customizable, and doesn't require more than one permission.
Two clicks to open a webpage via "translate.google.com/" in a new tab. (Not perfect, but the simplest I've found)
You can set a default language and a fall-back language, and hide/show the context menu entry.
- by LuisWoo, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Кроме того, что не работает на addons.mozilla.org и некоторых других сайтах (скорей всего это проблема гугл переводчика), больше особых претензий нет.
Может переводить выделенный текст, всю страницу и так, как мне нужно. Есть все необходимые настройки.
- by Thany, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Need one more feature: input language.
Auto detection doesn't always work well, especially when translating a small passage of text. Japanese is often recognized as Chinese, and you'd never know it, because it display say what language the selected text is detected as. Similarly, Dutch could be detected as German, Spanish as Portuguese, etc.
Input language should perhaps be a priority list of languages you most likely want to translate, and have the translation engine prefer those over whatever is autodetected, if possible.
- by Firefox user 13925492, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've tried it and actually it works great!!
Besides, it needs some improvements, let's say:
+ Language of selected text: Japanese
+ Target language: English
Currently, when I select Japanese text, it translates text to English. It's OK in this case.
But when I select English text (that is same as Target Language), and my setting for second language is FRENCH, then I have to click on the icon button on the toolbar to see the translation to FRENCH, and cannot see directly on Translation Panel.
==> IMPROVEMENT: it is expected it AUTOMATICALLY translates to SECOND LANGUAGE and directly displays on Translation Panel in case Target Language is same as language of selected text.
- by CryoRage, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5TL;DR: Works as intended, even on Firefox Quantum 57.0.4 (64-bit).
As the name implies; it's simple, and it translates, while a great majority of other translation add-ons DON'T.
More often than not they seem only capable of redirecting you to a Google Translate page containing whatever website or blog or piece of text you wanted to translate. Seriously, anyone with a computer and two hands could do that. And that's why this one stands out: it might not be spectacular or anything, but at least it's capable of translating whatever you highlight and does so in a neat little textbox, all without disrupting your workflow.
Even though the actual translations can be a bit rough from time to time, i'm usually able to make sense of it nonetheless.
So if you're looking for a simple and easy to use add-on for on-the-fly translation, this might be your best option.