- Rated 4 out of 5by Dark Vicky, 2 months agoGreat for organization, but not fully compatible with multi-account containers and sometimes is glichy.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17863550, 2 months agoHi, this addon is great, I just have one suggestion. When I go back to a certain tab after a few hours and it starts to load, after loading it doesn't show the latest version of the page, instead it seems like it was loading from the cache. If it is a web page with variable content, such as news, the latest content will not be seen until the page is manually refreshed. It would be good if it were possible to immediately load the latest version of the page by selecting a certain tab.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Emil, 2 months agoI've installed the add-on just yesterday and already enjoy having a tab group per project instead of an unsorted pile of tabs. It works really good so far.
Just one problem I had: when I created the first group and switched into it, I was unable to find a way to go back to the ungrouped tabs. Is there even any? I think there should be an explanation in the readme.
I'm glad there was a simple solution: the app offered to move the tabs into the current or a new group, so I just put the ungrouped ones in a group called "Default" for now.
- Rated 4 out of 5by John Reynolds, 5 months agoComing from Opera, this add-on is a godsend for an alternative to workspaces, functioning just as you'd expect. It isn't without its minor flaws, though: When clicking the icon for the extension, it always opens up the list of tabs in the current group first, forcing an additional click to see the list of groups. The only benefit you get that isn't already on the top of the Firefox window is quicker access to customizing the current group, which is way less useful than quickly changing which group you're in, the main point of the add-on. Plus, the icons you can set for groups are very limited in design, and it seems weird that you can't at least use the icons for containers. But again, this add-on performs flawlessly and helps productivity immensely, so I still recommend it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by alejandrop, 6 months agoThis extension is great. It is just the feature I needed for administering my tabs. However, I have the problem I want to have a tab with music in a differeng tab group but when I switch to another tab group the music tab automatically is muted. Do you know how to avoid that?
- Rated 4 out of 5by Doc GermaniCus, 7 months agoWorks great, never lose a Group. like other plugins.. Only 4 Stars: Missing a Tree structure. Wich tree-plugin worx seemless with STG..? (in one Sidebar-Tab)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15692784, 7 months agoI use both Mac and Windows, and this add-on is a nice implementation of tab groups on Firefox that feels much like Safari's. The only reason this is short a fifth star is that it doesn't sync with my Firefox accounts on other machines (including my Mac) - so I have to use a workaround. Other than that, I like this.
- Rated 4 out of 5by cornstarch, 7 months agowish there was a way to view all groups at once
unless there is and i'm just dumb. though it is kind of a hassle to open/change groups since it seems more complicated than chrome's 'just click to show/hide'
- Rated 4 out of 5by RAWK, 9 months agoThis is by far the best tab manager I've ever used.
I'd request the ability to change the folder it records tabs in to whatever folder I designate: I don't want it in my bookmarks or in my downloads folder.
Also, another review claimed it didn't work on Linux. That is not true, at least on the couple of Linux machines I've used it on.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mister loosenut, 10 months agoIt's been great up until recently - I'm having the same problem other users are reporting, in that tab groups disappear when restarting Firefox. I can click on the Tab Groups button and select a group and they will reappear, but my pinned tabs are missing. Needs an update, I think. Last update was 9 months ago at the time of this writing.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Keysmit, a year agothis is very good, but my only complaint is that I have to re-sign into everything in the tab groups
- Rated 4 out of 5by SiteBuilderOne, a year agoMost great! Only thing missing IMO is a shortcut to open Simple Tab Groups in Sidebar (i.e, not having to multiple click to get to sidebar). Otherwise, great - thanks!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13333679, a year agoThis is an excellent tool for increasing productivity but there are two significant bugs.
1. It doesn't work with Ghostery on which significantly decreases our privacy protection
2. We can't pin tabs per group. Pinned tabs appear in all groups.
Thank you for the great work so far :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17346973, a year agoIf we are able to temporary stop the tab group it will be better(Option on both side bar and addon bar)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15730825, a year agoThe AddOn works fine and the most options are simple to understand.
I use it every day and won't miss it anymore.
I have one suggestion and one question.
I have my bookmarks synchronised over 3 devices every device has the same STG groups but other tabs within. So STG names the bookmark folder STG bookmarks I have 3 such folders in my bookmark toolbar. It would be fine if I could name the bookmark folder by myself.
And what's the difference between "Exporting groups to bookmarks toolbar" in main options and "Automatically backup all groups as bookmarks" in backup options?