- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13607278, 3 months agoWell, it accomplishes some things. But like someone else said, when you create a new group, it adds all the open tabs in the window to the new group. You can't remove a tab from a group without closing it. Untill FF comes up with something better, I guess I can use this. But what a pita.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Godzilla, 3 months agoThe Simple Tab Group icon was not visible after installation. I needed to right click Extensions icon, choose Simple Tab Groups settings wheel icon, then pin to toolbar.
- Rated 3 out of 5by jddj, 6 months agoYeah, update: I'm out - uninstalling. I cannot stand having to delete the STG folder from my desktop every day I turn my computer on. The bit of good I get from this extension is not worth the hassle.
Pretty good, but ONE MADDENING THING! it covers my desktop with STG-backups-FF folders. Wish I could select someplace these should go. I hate having to toss them daily.
It's also easy to forget STG is there - that's not necessarily a bad thing: it's not intrusive other than the backups. But it's hard to get the value if you forget you have the groups, or go on using your default tab group like it's the only set of tabs available.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ein Benutzer, 6 months agoFunctionally working, but intransparent w.r.t. behavioral details especially when restoring a group.
What is really stupid and borderline insane is the folder-spam where the extension starts to write backups into the download folder. Imagine other applications would do this by default - your download folder would be a crowded mess with thousands of files spamming everywhere.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Kurt, 7 months agoThere's a rare incompatibility with Tree Style Tabs (->TST).
When saving a session in Simple Tab Groups (->STG), the tree structure of TST get lost completely and as a result the stucture is gone.
This happens on :
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0
OS Linux 6.1.0-7-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.20-2 (2023-04-08)
and is a quite new problem.
Unfortunately I have no real idea how to check, which of both AddOn's produce the "error"...
Does anybody have an idea?
BTW... the rating will be reset after solving the issue, because I know STG since a long time now and used it many times... sometimes in the past though it came to my attention, rhat there were some incompatibilities from time to time - that's why I post this message here and in TST.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Dom2, 8 months agoUtilise depuis plusieurs année sans soucis. Toutefois depuis v5.1 l'affichage du conflit avec "tab session manager" est très pénible (quelque fois deux fenêtres à fermer) un pop up aurait peut être suffit.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13530010, 8 months agoAt start firefox this addon often not started correctly. I need manualy disable and enable it for work.
But if not see on this bug - addon is very nice.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17833821, 9 months agoI started using this after swapping from Vivaldi and looking for an alternative to their tab-grouping for firefox browsers. It's solidly alright, I like a lot of the functionality, especially banking and private groups. However, sometimes when restarting tabs will disappear. Not all of them, just a few. For example, I had several zillow listings open in a real-estate group, as well as some other sites, and after restart all zillow tabs were gone. Not a huge issue, but very inconvenient. I haven't found a throughline reason for which ones disappear and why, but this does happen on basically every restart.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ra, 10 months agoThe extension (ver 18.104.22.168) on latest Firefox update (109.0.1) on Macosx (11.7.2) is broken. Its preventing all other extensions from functioning. As soon as I disable this extension all other extensions work.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Lucky_B, a year agoOpening tabs in a group opens a new window and your current window disappears???
You can get it back but why even have it operate this way?
I want to create groups of tabs within a SINGLE window that I can expand and shrink as the new chrome feature does.
Thanks, it's on it's way.
- Rated 3 out of 5by SandraK, a year agoIt is fantastic and a lifesaver and I can't live without it. But the fact that it can't deal with firefox restarts and the nuisance it causes fixing it after is enough to dock it two starts. :(
- Rated 3 out of 5by Violet Kurtz, a year agoOverall helpful, but with a massive flaw in that it randomly moves tabs out of their groups and into the "other tabs" section. Will often do this in the middle of browsing, not even on startup. What's the point of an extension for organizing tabs if it deletes your organization at random? Just a few minutes ago it moved over 60% of my tabs out of their groups and into the "other tabs" section.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mz2007, a year agoThis add -on is great but either does not work at all or after some time - this is how it is impossible to work - please improve - help me
- Rated 3 out of 5by elliexm83, a year agoVery helpful since firefox does not have a native tab grouping feature that complements containers. However, tabs are duplicated all the time when you do something such as closing a private tab while non-private tabs are still open. Very annoying.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13883959, a year agoReally good for organizing tabs, but when you have many tabs stashed or organized it will be very VERY slow to show them when you go to settings. I had to remove the extension because of that.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Max, 2 years agoPromettente, se non fosse che metà delle volte quando apro Firefox mi fa un casino e mi mette tutte le schede dei gruppi in una sola finestra. (io sono abituato ad avere almeno due finestre aperte durante la navigazione, sarà questo il problema?)
Meglio ricordarsi di fare un backup ogni volta alla chiusura di Firefox e ripristinarlo quando ti ritrovi un casino di schede all'apertura...