- Rated 2 out of 5by hfrmobile, 17 days agoI am used to have "Tab Groups" on all used browsers but FF does not offer this natively so I installed this Add-On.
It does not work properly. When I move a tab to a group sometimes it does not disappear.
I do not like the approach at all! I want to have it like on Chrome and EDGE. Maybe the FF API does not offer that kind of integration?
For me this Add-On is a poor workaround until FF developers will add native support for it.
So for the moment I'll try to avoid FF as often I can and switch to Chrome and EDGE.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 18131606, a month agoThe extension doesn't support pinned tabs, which is what I was hoping to use it for. I have a lot of different groups of pages that I use for different projects, and pinned tabs are common in my workflow.
I was hoping I would be able to create different group of pinned tab (e.g. a group for work tabs, a group for personal tabs and a group for x other project), but I can't.
Another small nitpick is that all of the icons are near black, which makes them hard to read over dark mode theme.
- Rated 2 out of 5by LOMAC, 3 months agoNot so simple after all. I would love to see grouping like Chrome has it. I can see all my groups in one place (the tab bar). I can read name each group and open each group whenever I want. Super simple.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Bekohanfula, 9 months ago4.8.1 version. Activation used 15MB RAM (only RAM, not total memory.) Full page tab group manager is only presented in bright white. -- even though I followed the instruction for setting svg.context-properties.content.enabled . User browser configuration has no effect. Group management tab shows as constantly loading.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17825340, 9 months agoEigentlich eine gute Erweiterung um auf Themen bezogen die Tabs in Gruppen zusammenzuführen - jedoch: Mich jedes mal beim Gruppenwechsel erneut (z.B. in Youtube) anmelden zu müssen - das geht gar nicht. Ich werde jetzt die Themen auf verschiedene Browser verteilen müssen - zum Teil gibt es dort eigene Lösungen um Gruppen zu bilden. Das Add-On habe ich jetzt entfernt. Schade ...
- Rated 2 out of 5by Exa Smith, 10 months agoAs some others have reported:
When I group some tabs, the tabs I have not grouped gets hidden. Why?
Why hide tabs on my screen.
I have to click some unload button to somehow maybe bring them back.
Overall feels buggy, or weird. Discard button does nothing. Bug?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17405805, 10 months agoI used it for two years, and I'm done with it. When it works, it's good. But as others have reported, without explanation, saved tabs will disappear without warning, showing a 0/0 for nearly all saved tabs.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15223049, 10 months agoAt the moment I'm really disappointed that a plugin that is so hyped is not able to manage pinned tabs as well?
Why am I so disappointed?
I need access to a huge number of tabs, from different themes per window, sometimes 30 + x tabs per window, with 5 windows (themes).
Now I had hoped, through this add-on, to at least reduce the number of open Firefox windows, by switching tab groups, back to one window, since tabs in multiple rows no longer exist, thanks to Mozilla and the (crappy) web extensions, which are only useful from a security point of view. Only unfortunately, the web extensions have been forced on users in an overhasty and immature way (but that is NOT the fault of this add-on).
If this add-on also had access to pinned tabs, I could now conveniently switch between groups of tabs and would be willing to give 10 stars, so I give only two, because the idea is good, only its execution makes me shake my head.
If someone really needs many tabs of a topic area, between which one can switch then fast by click, then one is forced to pin these around without scroll orgies in the table bar to navigate.
And there you are offered, with the STG add-on, an actually ingenious solution to this problem and then this add-on does not have access to ALL tabs? An add-on whose only purpose is to handle tabs! Yes, it can not recognize the pinned tabs apparently, that is probably the worst joke you could think up.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14319262, a year agoConvenient, until it isn't. Duplicating tabs even after full reinstall, suddenly I had 190 tabs out of 19 in one group, and this happened in several groups. No idea why or how, but it makes it almost unusable.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Eliot Cole, a year agoEDITED REVIEW: Breaks Multi-Account Containers (github issue 990), potentially massive security issue, especialliy since broken tabs report insecure connectivity to source. PREVIOUS REVIEW: I think it is great, and it is so nice to have my tab groups back. I would like a couple of options regarding UX but I can raise those separately in the github, I am sure, but the main one of those is an option that when you tap a group it opens in a new Window. Otherwise, once you have it setup to work how you like (I advise no 'auto' creation) it is a silent system winner, and great for productivity as you can silence different workflows and come back to them as if you never left. Unlike chromium tab groups which are always there, staring at you ;-).
- Rated 2 out of 5by Rômmulo Pëixoto, a year agoMy comments in Portuguese and English:
Justamente por ser "Simple" Tab Groups, é prático para usuários comuns que precisam de praticidade para organizar numerosas abas abertas. Você cria grupos e os identifica como achar melhor, e em seguida arrasta para dentro de cada grupo as abas abertas, de acordo com os assuntos.
Por outro lado, uma grande desvantagem desse complemento é que ele força você a ocultar as guias agrupadas.
No agrupamento de guias do Chrome, seu grupo aparece como uma única guia que pode ser facilmente expandida e recolhida quando você deseja mostrar/ocultar todas as guias pertencentes a este grupo.
Precisely because it is "Simple", it's practical for common users who needs practicality to organize numerous open tabs. You create groups and identify them how to find better, and then drag into each group the open tabs according to the subjects.
However, a major drawback of this addon is that it forces you to hide the tabs that are grouped. In Chrome's guide grouping, your group appears as a single guide that can be easily expanded and collected when you want to show/hide all guides belonging to this group.