- Rated 1 out of 5by geohei, 6 years agoInactive tabs are out of memory and need to get reloaded becoming active again.
This implies long lasting loading times.
This also implies that active plugins (e.g. audio playback of a tab) stops when the group is changed.
I just want tabs to be grouped, nothing less, nothing more.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13805896, 6 years agoWorks really bad. This addon doesnt actually just group tabs. It CLOSES the active tabs, then loads the tab in the group you selected. If you want to go to some of the tabs in another group, well too bad, because now you have to RELOAD them again.... sigh. terrible. We just want the tabs to be grouped, that is all. Not closed, not reloaded. Just grouped.
- Rated 1 out of 5by acorbin91, 6 years agoThis addon is getting worse and worse... I don't know why the dev is wasting his time on these stupid workarounds for the tab hiding issue.... Firefox added the ability to hide tabs weeks ago, stop fucking around with these idiotic workarounds and implement it properly. These idiotic workarounds are just making the plugin do some really erratic shit. For example: https://i.imgur.com/7oWdnuj.png
I did not create a single one of those groups. So now in addition to randomly creating groups (which it started doing a week go or so), now it seems to be populating some of them with tabs from sessions that ended a long time ago. I did not have those 86 or 116 tabs open the last time I closed Firefox. There are even duplicates in those two groups... I don't know where or how the fuck this addon decided to create those groups and populate them with tabs that I closed days ago, but there you have it...
You should go back to how you had the addon 3-4 weeks ago, and then focus only on writing in the tab hiding functionality. All this crazy shit you're trying to do with closing tabs and then reloading them with the moz-extension bullshit is not working at all, and it was a pretty stupid workaround to begin with.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13755388, 6 years agoAfter switching to and from another group for the first time, it crashed while trying to load every single one of the many tabs I had open, despite enabling fast group switching. After shutting down and reloading Firefox, it had somehow managed to reverse the order of all my tabs, and added a long url to each of them that prevented them from loading. In order to uninstall it, I needed to disable fast group switching, which caused another crash. After reloading again, it had somehow turned all of my tabs into a copy of one tab, while simultaneously trying to load every single one of them at once. Eventually I was able to disable this addon, but not before it had destroyed any trace of my tabs.
So the Fast-Switching option uses a poorly-rigged workaround that alters the urls of your tabs, making them unable to load without this addon. And it very clearly DOES. NOT. WORK. Firefox itself starts fine with that many tabs, without trying to load every single one of them.
This addon left me worse than before I tried it. I would have found a way to back up my session, if I had anticipated that an addon could be this poorly made.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12955352, 6 years agoIdea is alright, but the implementation is too buggy:
- stops working with 'type error' messages
- searching tabs doesn't work properly
- tabgroup management seems flaky
I know it is probably just growing pains, but please focus on the basics first.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13744994, 6 years agoi need help. i removed this complement but it left me with a sea of dead tabs (my old tabs) the only way that can work now is if i have this complement installed >:(
- Rated 1 out of 5by Anadon, 6 years agoI don't like a misclick causing me to loose almost all of my tabs. This still isn't suitable for common use.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13743459, 6 years agoAll of my saved groups are gone after a crash of Firefox.
Pinned tabs are missing when restored from backup.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13739616, 6 years agoJust opened Firefox to find all 70+ of my tabs (in another closed/inactive group) vanished. And *yeeeeessss*, I have set preferences to "show windows and tabs from last time", as I'm sure have most complaining of the same issue here.
Ergo, worse than useless. Uninstalled in disgust, annoyance, and disappointment.
Back to the drawing board...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13704554, 6 years agoBeen testing it for some weeks now...
Randomly browser opens with no group. Randomly tabs appear empty or do not load. I had to manually save all as bookmarks like we did many years ago...
Tested in several PC's and same issues...
Very, very unrealiable at this time to say the least.
Using v 2.3.6 All OS are Win10 1709.Update to latest version and re-test.
Startup bugs on sync groups with windows was fixed
Which OS you are used?
Update: Please, update Firefox to latest version v61 and after that update addon to STG v3.0 (not experimental)
- Rated 1 out of 5by paradoxxx, 6 years agoVery often i lost some of my Stored Tabs by restarting the browser. I only got "New Tab" without URl ...
Sometimes ALL Tabs were lost after closing Firefox ... Very frustrating ...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13682181, 6 years agoUpdated to new version yesterday and moved a group up using drag and drop. Today when I go into a group I get an error message saying it is NULL. Then this error extends to all the following groups. I have lost half my groups. Every time I load a group it opens an additional New Tab to the group. Not happy!!!I'm very sorry for what happened. Please, update addon to latest version. There have been fixed many bugs and added a function for quick group switch
If you can replicate this issue in latest addon version (now v2.1.2) - please contact me by email
Thanks for your feedback
- Rated 1 out of 5by Zoeymae, 6 years agoI can not believe that this is the replacement for the old Tab Groups??? I just tried to restore 139 tabs and lost everyone of them. If I had just seen the restore session tab before I tried to use this extension: I would have been fine. I am NOT at all - in no way at all - liking this new Firefox except that it is faster. Yes it most definately is but Most of the fun using Firefox was the addons and extensions. That - by the way - used to work pretty darn well. Now there are Other extensions or Might we Say - No Extensions!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13560719, 6 years agoreloads tabs when switching groups, major drawbackAt the moment, the Firefox WebExtensions API does not support hiding tabs, only closing ... I also do not like it, but I have no choice.
When this feature is added, I will make it support.
Please, update addon to latest version. In latest version I added option to fast switch groups and auto load only active tab, not all tabs.
Thanks for your feedback!