- Rated 1 out of 5by xy, 9 months agoThis was a great extension until it started saving browser sessions for no apparent reason. I understand this might be a feature some appreciate but when I close my browser I want it to be fresh when it is reopened. At the very least there should be the option to disable this feature. And no, I do not have Firefox setting "Open previous windows and tabs" enabled. This behavior only happens while this add-on is enabled.
- Rated 1 out of 5by flo B., 10 months agoGreat add-on, but a Bug is really anoying me since late 2021. If I close & reopen the browser, every tab in groups with "always open tab in specific container" option activated is duplicated (see here: https://github.com/Drive4ik/simple-tab-groups/issues/891 ). The issue is open since Dec, 2nd and the developer didn't answered (we are in February...). Update: going from 2 to 1 star to see if the developer only cares about 1 star reviews....
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17205791, 10 months agoive been using this addon for about a year now, it crashes every once in a while and i have to restore backups that i usually manually create. it worked everytime so i didnt think anything about it really. this time it crashed and when i use the backup it wont load my tabs on the top. i just lost about 6 months of research and other things. way to go asshats. dont use this piece of shit or you will regret it eventually.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Anthony, a year agoVery error prone.
For example, if you have a window with multiple groups and close it by mistake, when you restore the window, the tabs are reopened but are no longer in their respective groups...
Also, it keeps polluting my Downloads folder with STG backup folders...
- Rated 1 out of 5by Deepti Gupta, a year agoIt deleted all my tabs in groups that I had been saving since four months. I had been regularly checking on the Manage Tab Groups option and one day when I did, all the tabs had just vanished God knows where. Horrible App.
Apart from this deceit, it used to download STG performance files everytime I used Firefox which I did not want on the system.
Horrible User Interface as well. I just put up with it in the hope that atleast it will help me function well.
Save yourself the misery by not using this app and try any other but this.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Toark, a year agoAll menus are white text on white backgrounds. Makes it impossible to navigate. May be due to incompatibilities with Dark Reader Extension or Dark background based color scheme.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14564543, a year agoIt's great if you just use one window, but the multi-window behavior is so undesirable that I had to stop using this. The window behavior is nothing like the tab behavior. Here's how it should work. A group should be able to span multiple windows (it can't). When you select a group, it should close any windows that do not contain any tabs within that group. That way, the only tabs you have open across all windows are the tabs in that tab group. This would give behavior that is consistent with tabs. But now there's this half baked solution where you can have a different tab group open in every window and it's even harder to figure out what's going on. The whole point of having multiple windows is so I can look at multiple windows at the same time. Otherwise I would just use tab groups instead of windows! With the current solution, you can't have two windows side by side that make sense with each other. It feels totally random which windows get which tab groups assigned to them. A group is supposed to represent the only things I want to have open at once, which should be able to include multiple side by side windows together in the same group that get opened and closed together when I switch groups.
- Rated 1 out of 5by aichpvee, 2 years agoNot simple. It's hard to understand what it's even doing, aside from _definitely_ not what I want or expect it to do. The worst extension I have _ever_ installed, and I've installed some pretty terrible extensions. It's less than worthless. At least if it were just worthless, it wouldn't be a big mess to clean up after I uninstall it.