- by Aquaczaz, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Deleted all of my saved tabs after using for a few months. Restore previous session option is enabled and had not issues until everything was gone one day. No way to backup or restore that I could find.
- by Ken Ismert, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I have about 760 tabs in my session. I worked for an hour and a half with this add-on to set up my groups, and when I reopened FireFox, it had erased all of my work. This add-on thrashed my tabs, then refused to show the management screen. I could see it blink on, then disappear. Sadly, this add-on doesn't work with large tab sets. Good thing I backed up.
 Yes, session restore is enabled. Always has been. How else could you amass that many tabs?
Developer responseposted a year agoDo you have session restore enabled in your browser settings? If not, then everything is obvious.
Addon works well with 2000+ tabs, everything depends on the power of the computer hardware.
- by Spong3Rs, a year agoRated 1 out of 5The recent update causes an issue with new tabs - have to retype what I am trying to do twice in order for it to do what I want (do a goolge search, or go to the website)
- by Valeria, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I really wanted to love this addon but it's just too stressful to use. As so many others here have already posted, the addon's default behavior of deleting the tabs I've saved into a group is completely at odds with what the addon seems to have been designed to do: group your tabs for opening whenever you want. What's the point of spending the time to create several groups and set them up complete with containers and color-coding if the tabs are just going to disappear? Such a headache. Immediately removed, going back to OneTab.
- by FlyingHorse, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Can't give this any better rating as the add-on is not intuitive at all. I thought that the purpose is to open several tabs, save those tabs into a group and then reopen them again later. Problem is that as soon as you close the individual tabs they disappear from the group. What good is this add-on if the groups don't keep their list of tabs to reopen them later? There needs to be a tutorial that explains how this is supposed to work.
- by Firefox user 15982041, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I searched for it and was happy using it - until it repeadetly erased all saved tabs after some weeks of using it without problems. 2 times. Which makes my work life really crappy.
- by houthayfa, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Lost tabs of days of work
Backup doesn't work as all groups I saved are empty !
What's the f*** with your extension why it hide the tabs !
So after firefox restart all are lost without any reason !
- by Firefox user 14159406, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The suite of STG extensions is cumbersome and confusing. in the beginning i had hopes that this would be exactly what i needed. I had already tried Mozilla's new Containers and they are a disaster.
With STG, I had to load one extension and this plug-in. and although i had removed Moz containers prior to this, container choices remained in the contextual menu. This just added to the confusion; there is no connection between STG and Mozilla. To make it worse, STG pointed to the Mozilla contextuals sometimes, but not always.
I did my best to make the best of a bad situation. but today i gave up the ghost and deleted this plug in and the main STG app.
I'm just hope the 4 Mozilla containers that went along for the ride after I removed the app are mercifully gone.I do not understand anything. But I can say that STG has nothing to do with FF containers until you yourself indicate this in the group settings. In order to solve your problem, I suggest going to
creating an issue, and describing your problem and what should be in your opinion. Perhaps you will change your assessment.
- by Firefox user 15888856, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I just installed it yesterday and so far it f*ck*d everything up it could.
1. I moved some tabs into a new window to convert it into a tab-group but I didn't find any option that offered specifically that. So I choose "Create new group" in the hopes it would do that OR open a new window where I could move said tabs afterwards. It emptied out the current window without asking for confirmation or even a warning instead. :-(
2. Needed to restart my PC so I "closed all [Firefox] windows on this screen" (or however this option is called in English Windows). I expected Firefox to restore both windows after I started it again. Instead it just opened the new little group from 1. and an empty group. My (ungrouped?) window with ~200 tabs was nowhere to be found. :-(
Luckily it seems I was able to restore most tabs that had vanished in both cases.
- by unorfind, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5trying to export all my groups from sync tab groups hangs up firefox
it seems like it tries to open all tab in all groups which is just crazy and brings down firefox to crawl which is duh it's like over 2 thousand tabs sync tab groups must work in other way because I never had problem importing that many groups and tabs
and my system is not weak Ryzen 7 3700X and 16GB of RAM with Firefox running on ssd