- by Firefox user 17205791, 2 days agoRated 1 out of 5ive been using this addon for about a year now, it crashes every once in a while and i have to restore backups that i usually manually create. it worked everytime so i didnt think anything about it really. this time it crashed and when i use the backup it wont load my tabs on the top. i just lost about 6 months of research and other things. way to go asshats. dont use this piece of shit or you will regret it eventually.
- by Firefox user 17223805, 15 days agoRated 2 out of 5Sadly it quite often drops all of my tabs and I need to manually add them back in. As far as the design goes, it's quite nice. When it works, it's useful. It's not as intuitive as the group tabs in Chrome, but that's a problem I have with Mozilla, not this extension. However, not being able to change the location of backups is really grating on me.
- by Firefox user 15730825, 22 days agoRated 4 out of 5The AddOn works fine and the most options are simple to understand.
I use it every day and won't miss it anymore.
I have one suggestion and one question.
I have my bookmarks synchronised over 3 devices every device has the same STG groups but other tabs within. So STG names the bookmark folder STG bookmarks I have 3 such folders in my bookmark toolbar. It would be fine if I could name the bookmark folder by myself.
And what's the difference between "Exporting groups to bookmarks toolbar" in main options and "Automatically backup all groups as bookmarks" in backup options?
- by Ryan, 25 days agoRated 3 out of 5I love this addon... except for the bug where every time there's a new firefox update the extension breaks until the browser is restarted - and then having to restore from backup because the extension loses all the groups..
I hope this gets fixed in the future. Attempted to reach out to dev but without the ability to create a debug file (extension won't let you save it).. not much can be done(?)
Good work regardless, this kind of functionality should really be baked into the browser by default.
- by George, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Works as expected. One of my most used addons. Saves your tab groups to your download folder. Would be nice if I could pick a location where to save them as I empty my downloads and forget to exclude the STG file.
- by Anthony, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5Very error prone.
For example, if you have a window with multiple groups and close it by mistake, when you restore the window, the tabs are reopened but are no longer in their respective groups...
Also, it keeps polluting my Downloads folder with STG backup folders...