- by Firefox user 13538993, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This really was a must have for all users of Mozilla, I had been using this add-on several years ago, and it help me to block a lot of trash content like banners, pop-up windows, etc. However, since the last update of the web browser (57), this does not work anymore, blocks everything, and is hard to understand how it works.
I know all the hard work of the developer to keep running this add-on, and I know this is not your fault, but please, make it work again, no pressure. Your app was really good!!!
- by Firefox user 13538904, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5#### How I fixed the last noscript problem on Firefox Quantum.
Note: Before considering using this fix, **backup your important Firefox data, such as bookmarks, etc. just in case.**
1st. I went to about:support and I clicked on “Refresh Firefox”. **Watch out, this will remove your default Firefox settings and add-ons.** Once you do this, you have to start from scratch.
2nd. I went to about:addons and I told Firefox not to automatically update add-ons.
3rd. I installed the first noscript version for Firefox Quantum from noscript repositories:
4th. I installed the rest of the add-ons I used to have before.
- by Firefox user 12511656, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 511/28/2017
At this time it seems to Still be having a few problems..
I love this program and so do my friends. It has Many good uses for protection.
Problem Im having is that it ports ?? scripts but Does not SHOW all of them to be OK'd or Blocked.
It really sucks when Im trying to do online bills and Banking..I cant see that 1-2 scripts to allow the page..
(pages generally with FLASH)..
- by Firefox user 13190973, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5old one was good, but this version seems to be slower and freezes sometimes, not like the old one. also, every time i open firefox i get a pop-box from no-script that is blank that i have to keep closing which is annoying. i disabled for now.
- by Firefox user 13537236, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It was my favorite addon until now. It absolutely unusable. New interface is terrible. Old was userfriendly and simple. Even if i add some resource to witelist - i have problems. Addon just break look and behaviour of site. SHIT
- by Firefox user 13535747, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5The latest update (28th of November) blocks too many scripts. For example, I can't load images on Google even if the site is flagged as "trusted". By disabling Noscript everything works fine.
Please fix the issue.
- by Mcmacladdie, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Decent extension, but the current version has issues where whitelisted sites refuse to stay whitelisted, or will lose their whitelisted status until a tab is closed and then re-opened. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
- by David, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Get Firefox pre-Quantom here (and make sure to disable Firefox autoupdate and background update services):
Find older version of NoScript here:
- by Firefox user 13522774, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have had nothing but a positive experience with No Script for a few years now, I really do wish we had the old UI back however. The new one isn't so user friendly. But I am thankful for this free service and acknowledge the developers in creating a very useful add on over the years.
- by Firefox user 13520787, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Broken with latest update.
I'm NOT ok with the removal of noscript from the context menu and having to go to the radio icon to make changes each time.
Equally changes do not take effect 100% of the time, or at all. I can approve a site and on reload of the page the settings are back to default. This prevents me from even loading some pages because it simply won't save settings. I've now had to disable the extension to even do things.
I've used this addon for years and can not understand the latest move... even the menu options have been reduced to nothing compared to previous versions.
- by Firefox user 12416561, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I understand it can be difficult to migrate to a new framework, which is why I am slightly sympathetic. However, the people have spoken. The new UI is garbage, and much of the functionality has been altered in a negative way since the Web Extensions framework updates. I'll go back to 5 stars pending UI and usage fixes! In spite of all this, thank you for the work you've done on the extension.
- by Firefox user 13516526, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Why did you change a simple UI to this "new" style. You already had the issue with late support for the new firefox, and then you came across with this ugly and popups spamming addon ? Umatrix welcome
- by Firefox user 13505654, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5There is a bug related to XSS blocking in recent updates:
Opening new tabs from Firfox's blank page is extremely slow and showing a dialog "XSS attack from [...] to ".
- by JP, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Was having a lot of trouble with it at first. The noscript button was working for a bit, then stopped working which may have been due to a FF update as far as I could tell on the noscript site? Restarting the browser fixed that particular issue but other things weren't working.
I removed noscript from the add-ons and then went to https://noscript.net/getit and installed from there and it seems to have fixed a majority of the problems as well as cleaned up the UI a bit. I suggest everyone give that a try as well. Just seems there's still bugs to work out and I'm glad to continue to stick with it.
- by Firefox user 13509796, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I understood the previous version of NoScript.
I do not understand this version. It is not clear what is going on, or what the icon colours mean. Red versus green seems to be disconnected from permitted and not permitted.
I need documentation. The alternative in the latest version of FireFox is uMatrix, which I have on one machine. It is Very Complicated, but I did find complete documentation for it.
To use NoScript 10.1.1 or later I must have documentation.
- by Firefox user 13509040, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 53 stars becauze of new Quantum firefox UI, before it it was just perfect, now it is just pure-brainfuck. I will welcome that weed which was smoked while making this nature-fatal-error UI. oh, and TOR still keeps old-fashined perfect UI <3
- by photografx, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Thank you very much for your effort to make this work with "Quantum (57+)".
But please give us back some oft the ofunctionality and ease of use of the old version.
e.g. temporary allowing scripts