- by Vesna_Sunrider, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon saved my life :D Stupid Mac has updated and closed my Firefox, which for whatever reason has lost my session afterwards, and the sync of tabs from Mac - again, for some bloody unknown reason - was completely lost from the list of the devices I use (this is, I believe, Firefox's own fault)!
I was already devastated because Firefox inexcusably dropped support for two biggest life-saving add-ons - Session Manager and Lazarus, and was regularly checking if they will be re-enabled until recently, when I gave up and just started considering completely switching to Chrome. (Meanwhile I have found Cyberfox which is like an older Firefox version which supported these add-ons :D )
I went to check the add-on market (which had only one extension compatible with Firefox Quantum, and of low rating), and found out that a few more have popped, and decided to install this one - I was so happy when I found out that it supports Session Manager's session backup files and that it actually worked! It wasn't the latest session, albeit (because I had no means of saving it!), but still recent enough so that I got back my tabs for learning stuff.
If there is any decent replacement for Session Manager, it is MySessions. Thank you!
- by Cyberknight, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is absolutely essential. In the absence of the proper API required for saving sessions, this is by far the best that can be done. It saves sessions as bookmarks, which means there is no need to export sessions, as they are conveniently stored in the bookmarks file, backed up regularly by Firefox internal engine. Managing the sessions is also more convenient, using Firefox's internal bookmark manager.
The only down side is that tabs' states are not recorded (filled form fields, containers and so on), but that's a minor trouble compared to losing all windows and tabs when Firefox's internal session manager fails (and it fails a lot!)
- by Firefox user 13388006, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5The main problem with this extension for me is that it messes the bookmark search. My search results are now littered with a large number of repetitive session bookmarks, and it has become more difficult to find out if I have already bookmarked a web page or not. Others have also presented the same criticism, and the developer of MySessions has replied this way:
- "In the description of the extension it is written that sessions are saved in bookmarks."
- "I recommend that you read the description before installing the extensions."
My answer is that the description doesn't say "the extension messes your bookmark search". It's not something that a user can deduce from the description, as the users mostly aren't developers. Even a developer, at least if he isn't a Firefox developer, can't know that there isn't a way to exclude session bookmarks from the search (I assume there isn't because it hasn't been done). Because of that I think the problem should be clearly explained in the description of the add-on.
The other problems that I have experienced are different bugs that in varying degree take away from convenience of using MySessions.
Despite of the criticism above I think it's very good that MySessions is available, and I raise my hat to CromS for developing it. He seems to be active in making the extension better and is listening to users when deciding what to do next (the search problem probably isn't going to go away). MySessions does the basic session managing, and to my knowing without this add-on there wouldn't be a usable session manager for Firefox at all as the old Session Manager can't be used in new Firefox versions.
Anyway, I will probably stop using MySessions as soon as another add-on with a design that doesn't cause search problems becomes available. A well functioning bookmark search is very important to me.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoTry using Tab Session Manager https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-session-manager/ or Session Boss https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/session-boss/. They do not use bookmarks.
I do not use bookmarks, I did not know, and I could not assume that you would have problems with the search. About this, except for you, no one wrote to me.
Write to me about other emerging issues. I have neither the time nor the opportunity to fully test the extension.
Write to me in any case. I have thoughts on how to improve the search for bookmarks.
- by Firefox user 14141710, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I just wanted the extension to save and restore the session to save time during the entire period when I start my computer. This extension is justified my expectations.