- Rated 5 out of 5by Dypsis, 5 years agoI have just started testing this addon. Thanks for that.
I don't have the Quick Save option in the address bar as pictured above.Many complained about the presence of an extra icon in the address bar. I temporarily removed it. I'll return to FF58, there you can manage the icons in the address bar at the browser level.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13322797, 5 years agoWaste of time: Useless
- Layout is ass backward. How many of you are clicking on the Session Name link opening the entire session thinking some other action would happen? Great, now instead of the 10 tabs I already have open, I now have 30.
- No Search functionality. Tried requesting this but developer wonders why anyone would want to search for a specific tab instead of going through each tab in what might be 50+ saved sessions to find it..lol. That in a nutshell says it all.
- Just realized that upon FF update, this app defaults back to the original 10 Saved Sessions. Where are my other 70 sessions? Ridiculous!
Bottom line: Passable but obviously a lot of issues. And with Developers attitude and ego as evidenced in remarks, good luck getting acknowledgement of issues and all important solutions.You are the only one who asked me about the search function and could not clearly explain why it was for you.
I have 300 tabs in two windows, and I do not need a search function. My additional users have 1000 tabs, and none of them asked for a search function. You have 10 tabs, and you need a search function. It's not funny.
Sessions are stored in browser tabs. If you need a search, use the search in the bookmark manager.
I do not know where your 70 sessions are, they are stored in bookmarks. You are still the first and only one who complains about the loss of sessions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Robert Ab, 5 years agoTo get better, MySessions, Tab Session Manager, Session Manager, Tab Mix Plus and other session managers needs some APIs to be prepared:
CromS: can you provide me with the list of APIs you need for MySessions and which are not mentioned on this page?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13611465, 5 years agoMySessions works properly on my FF 57 and I find it particularly useful that I could import old sessions.
But the fact that sessions are stored in the form of regular bookmarks inside the normal bookmaks file makes the addon conflict with normal usage of bookmarks and bookmark tools. I search or filter my bookmarks and the contents of this addon's folders are displayed as well.
Just now I encountered this with bookmarks-manager (https://add0n.com/bookmarks-manager.html) which displays whether the currently active tab has already been bookmarked. As soon as MySessions has made a backup seemingly it has - but not intentionally by the user.
Could this addon write it's data to a separate file?
- Rated 3 out of 5by onesolo2, 5 years agoOk, finally I can restore previous sessions, but there is still one problem, when I restore a session, it reloads all my tabs!!! I have sessions with a lot of tabs, more than 400 tabs!!! If I restore a session with that many tabs it will eventually crash Firefox with huge load on memory!!!
Can you please have an option to restore tabs but unloaded or like the previous restore state for each tab?!We all want that when the session is restored, all the tabs are not loaded. Let's all be in a friendly voice so that they can give us this opportunity https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1378647
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12836761, 5 years agoFirst Impressions: Best replacement for legacy Session Manager I've found. The beauty of MySessions is that it can import old Session Manager sessions files you have saved elsewhere. Also it's the only replacement I've found that respects whether tabs were pinned or not and replaces them accordingly. Very well done and greetings from Scotland!
- Rated 5 out of 5by css0101, 5 years agoИз всех доступных для квантума менеджеров сессий, этот лучший. Ставлю заочно 5 звёзд. Желаю успешного развития! Спасибо за мегаполезное расширение. Без сессий вообще никак. Очень надеюсь, что в ближайшем будущем решится проблема с загрузкой всех вкладок, вернее, чтоб они не грузились сразу. Load on Select, скорее, мешает, чем помогает.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Daptonic, 5 years agoSessions backup fine ... but on the restore, everything is out of order, which is problematic based on my usage patterns. Pre-v57 add-ons restored everything in the same order they were backup.
Can this be added? Thanks!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Shajirr, 5 years agoI'd rate the experience of using this addon as very bad.
First of all, I did not experience any losses of stored sessions, saving them, as well timed autosave, which is one of the most important features, do work.
However, the process of restoring a session is beyond horrible - every single tab is getting loaded into memory.
When trying to restore a session with this addon, Firefox ate around 12GB RAM, basically all available RAM I had (it would have probably ate all 32GB if I had them), and made PC completely unusable, it lagged to hell. I waited for around 20 minutes, but nothing improved, so I just gave up, and closed the browser (it crashed on close too).
After that I was able to use native browser session load, without problems, with all tabs not loaded into memory, like it should be.
I tried using "Load on Select" before, but it has problems with some of the sites - they do not load with this addon.
- Rated 4 out of 5by NaoDesu, 5 years agoGreat addon for saving tabs for later.
Also, using bookmarks as a session storage is a good decision.
You can use any bookmark addon to work with sessions for e.g. syncing between different computers and so on.
Unfortunately "Crash recovery" does not working as expected.
After I close and open browser most of my tabs in last session (from "crash recovery") is lost because URLs contains some garbage (tab title or something). It happens to me in 50% situations.
- Rated 3 out of 5by grizzler, 5 years agoNope. Not there yet...
Settings window is a mess, with all but the first check icons at the right margin of the previous line instead of before the tab title (text overflow because the text doesn't quite fit?).
Opening pinned tabs in the same window opens them all in full (not pinned).
Opening them in a new window moves the first one to the last position and opens it not pinned.
Needs work to be of any use to me.
Three starts for effort.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13226891, 5 years agoЯ так понимаю, открытие всех вкладок по одной — не-баг-а-фича новой лисы, судя по тому, что так делают все «заменители» старого Session Manager? В любом случае, этот пока — лучший.Это необходимость. Можно открыть и одновременно, но отсутствует API, запрещающий загрузку содержимого вкладки. Несколько десятков вкладок даже откроются (через некоторое время), а несколько сотен - наглухо повесят систему. Рекомендую расширение "Load on Select", чтобы вкладки не загружались, пока к ним не обратишься.