- Rated 3 out of 5by dafFDasd, 2 months agoAllows closing currently opened tabs. But closing tab works badly. First click on the red X button switches to the tab instead. Second works fine. This is annoying, and causes unnecessary window switching.
Pop up window is used by default. There is a full page for tab management but it can't be set as default. Search works there using ctrl+f.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13753333, a year agoI really love this plugin, but it causes a lot of problems with Firefox (I keep FF updated, use Mac). Causes FF to hang, take forever to start up. Problems disappear when I disable the plugin. If it weren't for those probs, I'd give it five stars.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13508895, 3 years agonot perfect, but improving...most annoying bug, sometimes the option "select all" will only select the "current window"
after last firefox update...the restore function doesnt open all the saved windows just the first one.
- Rated 3 out of 5by grahamperrin, 3 years agohttp://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14860716#p14860716
– for a session that should have had 16 (sixteen) tabs, only 8 (eight) existed.
– the preference to use a tab (not a pop-up) for the interface is not respected.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Gernot Hassenpflug, 3 years agoUpdate: Firefox 70 and above is crap, does not load many tabs, the problem is not related to MySessions:
I would give this 3 stars (for decent operation, after all it is one of the few workable solutions to kind of replace the really good Session Manager from older Firefox). I was using this problem-free on Windows 7 64-bit at work. I still use this perfectly well at home on Debian GNU/Linux 64-bit (debian sid).
Then, 2 weeks ago I migrated my work Windows 7 machine to Windows 10, and also migrated my profile.
I had refreshed Firefox before the migration, so I had to install MySessions into the new profile under Windows 10.
What happens is that very soon, within minutes to an hour, MySessions stops Firefox from loading, refreshing, saving, or otherwise doing anything with its tabs. I need to disable MySessions add-on, reboot Firefox, can then work as usual, but need to re-enable MySessions if I want to see a tab labelled as "Replaced" (cannot easily load saved content of tab if MySessions is disabled).
I did not find any issue related to this, but if it helps MySessions is the only add-on I have installed.
On Windows 10 we use Micro Trends anti-virus, whereas on Windows 7 the company had been utilizing Symantec Anti-Virus software.
Since it has become unusable after migration, I am unsure if this is related to an interoperability issue with Windows 10, anti-virus software, or to migration issues.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15200282, 3 years agoNo source code provided despite it is distributed under MPL.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoIf you have installed the extension, then you already have access to the source code, it is not obfuscated. If you do not know how to do this, then you can use the extension https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/crxviewer/
- Rated 3 out of 5by LCH, 4 years agoThis rating is in response to the recent message you sent us. I guess it's better for privacy to at least offer an option to opt out of the icon service. I personally don't care about favicons. I never realized they were there before today.
Or simply, just leave the current FF icon solution be and call it a day.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13665247, 4 years agoDuring normal browsing, works as expected but not during private browsing.
Firefox crash during during private browsing. Last session before the crash is saved under crash recovery. I believe this is not a normal behavior.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Diogenes, 4 years agoHandy extension to have....in theory. However,it prevents TreeStyleTabs from functioning,and has a regular habit of locking up absolutely everything on this PC,including Ctrl-Alt-Delete,which obviously means hard reboots are the order of the day.
I'll stick with it for the time being though,as it's still early days for developers trying desperately to clear up the awful mess that the 12 year old Korean kid with aspergers and OCD (zero empathy for anyone else of course) caused when Goog.....erm..sorry....Mozilla presumably employed him or her to wreck the basic functionality of their browser.Extensions do not have the rights to block system processes. Even if you run an infinite loop or heavy calculations, this can affect the browser, but not the system. See how 7000 tabs open. The system remains responsive. And even the browser - it slows down, but it works.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13388006, 4 years agoThe main problem with this extension for me is that it messes the bookmark search. My search results are now littered with a large number of repetitive session bookmarks, and it has become more difficult to find out if I have already bookmarked a web page or not. Others have also presented the same criticism, and the developer of MySessions has replied this way:
- "In the description of the extension it is written that sessions are saved in bookmarks."
- "I recommend that you read the description before installing the extensions."
My answer is that the description doesn't say "the extension messes your bookmark search". It's not something that a user can deduce from the description, as the users mostly aren't developers. Even a developer, at least if he isn't a Firefox developer, can't know that there isn't a way to exclude session bookmarks from the search (I assume there isn't because it hasn't been done). Because of that I think the problem should be clearly explained in the description of the add-on.
The other problems that I have experienced are different bugs that in varying degree take away from convenience of using MySessions.
Despite of the criticism above I think it's very good that MySessions is available, and I raise my hat to CromS for developing it. He seems to be active in making the extension better and is listening to users when deciding what to do next (the search problem probably isn't going to go away). MySessions does the basic session managing, and to my knowing without this add-on there wouldn't be a usable session manager for Firefox at all as the old Session Manager can't be used in new Firefox versions.
Anyway, I will probably stop using MySessions as soon as another add-on with a design that doesn't cause search problems becomes available. A well functioning bookmark search is very important to me.Try using Tab Session Manager https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tab-session-manager/ or Session Boss https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/session-boss/. They do not use bookmarks.
I do not use bookmarks, I did not know, and I could not assume that you would have problems with the search. About this, except for you, no one wrote to me.
Write to me about other emerging issues. I have neither the time nor the opportunity to fully test the extension.
Write to me in any case. I have thoughts on how to improve the search for bookmarks.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12971886, 4 years agoI've been using this extension as a sort of replacement for the awesome SessionManager extension that stopped working after FF56 due to missing APIs needed (really, 'thanks' a million, firefox developers :-/). It sort of does it's job, and I don't want to sound negative towards the author, on the contrary, thanks for developing at least this plugin, under the various constraints, but it doesn't work as smooth as SessionManager did (once again, it can't, due to the missing features in recent versions of FF, hopefully this will get fixed over time).
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13685040, 5 years agoБлин. Это пипец какое непродуманное дополнение. У меня сессия была на 120 вкладок. И что происходит при открытии сессии?? Правильно все 120 вкладок ЗАГРУЖАЮТСЯ!!! ЗАчем ?? Ну зачем предзагрузка всех вкладок?? Неужель трудно сделать по нажатии правой клавиши мышки чтобы вкладки загружались, только те что выделил. Или в настройки внести опцию чтобы можно было отключить предзагрузку.
Это тупизм же. Если я сегодня работал и закрыл с 120 вкладками, то это не значит что на следующий день мне надо все 120 вкладок предзагрузка. Я сессию открываю вчерашнюю но загружаю себе только пару тех на которых остановился. А не все 120.
И вариант чтобы открывать только выбранные для загрузки - тоже негодится, ибо потом не помниш с какими работал. Именно надо чтобы сессия вся открывалась.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nibinaear, 5 years agoThe addon will let you create sessions with titles and restore them to the current tab or a new window. It does this pretty well.
I tried this out as an alternative to "session manager" which is no longer support in FF 57+. Unfortunately this extension does not have an import feature for "session manager", or have folders to group sessions.
The UI and usability could do with some refinement as well.
In reply to developer: How can you import from session manager if it does not support folders for sessions? Does it dump them all into 1 list?
- Rated 3 out of 5by onesolo2, 5 years agoOk, finally I can restore previous sessions, but there is still one problem, when I restore a session, it reloads all my tabs!!! I have sessions with a lot of tabs, more than 400 tabs!!! If I restore a session with that many tabs it will eventually crash Firefox with huge load on memory!!!
Can you please have an option to restore tabs but unloaded or like the previous restore state for each tab?!We all want that when the session is restored, all the tabs are not loaded. Let's all be in a friendly voice so that they can give us this opportunity https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1378647
- Rated 3 out of 5by Daptonic, 5 years agoSessions backup fine ... but on the restore, everything is out of order, which is problematic based on my usage patterns. Pre-v57 add-ons restored everything in the same order they were backup.
Can this be added? Thanks!