- by Lope, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5The old version was FANTASTIC!!
The new version doesn't work with my 3.17 scripts.
GM >=4 can't read scripts from the filesystem. So crap. So you have to use the crappy GM>=4 code editor.
The new GM also can't seem to access window variables, I can't be bothered to figure out why because I wouldn't want to use the GM4.x code editor. The Violentmonkey workaround I found online of serving the script from a local webserver sucks. It's a stupid and useless pain.
This is the worst update EVER!!!!!
GM >=4 sucks and I'm sticking to 3.17.
If you want to run GM 3.17 this is what you need:
run it like this
nohup /opt/firefox-56.0.2/firefox --no-remote -P foobar-profile 'http://foobar.com/' >/dev/null 2>&1 &
Go to preferences tell firefox to never update.
Disable GM 3.17 update
make new false boolean value named
Install GM 3.17
- by Firefox user 13615282, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5With the installation of 4.1, all my user scripts are gone, and there is no way to add a new one from the backups I had because the new user script button doesn't work 90% of the time (you have to click and wait up to 30 seconds to get it to pop up, and most of the time, it never does) and when it does, I can't save anything. This is on 57.
Where is the quality checking before breaking our web experience? Moving on to another scripting engine. Good grief.
- by Wael, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5all my scripts disappeared after updating to version 4.++
if this happened to you a fix is to reinstall the old version again
you will find your scripts back :)
for developer you need to test you addon before releasing a major update
- by Firefox user 13602614, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I was forced to upgrade to GreaseMonkey 4.x with Firefox 56.0. My scripts stopped working. I wrote them, so I looked into fixing. I looked at the GreaseMonkey web site. I saw the general notice about the changes but could not find specifics. Didn't trust what I saw when I saw notes like "this script" hasn't been updated in years.
Fix up documentation. Provided example scripts with before and after changes.
Give warning if it doesn't work in Firefox 56. I tried Firefox 57, but that caused other problems for me.
Was able to turn off auto updated of GreasMonkey before downloading 3.17 version of GreaseMonkey. add ons > GreaseMonkey entry > more > click on off selector. See below for the link by Anonymous user e7bdbb to the download.
PS. There is snow on the ground as I write this :-(
PSS. FYI. Tampermonkey gave me a compile error on "for (var elmForm, i=0; elmForm=document.forms[i]; ++i)".
- by Firefox user 13602427, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5В один прекрасный день все сломалось. Непонятно, какие скрипты активны на какой странице, нет кнопки manage scripts, ни один скрипт не работает. Верните все, как было!!!
It was a dark and snowy night. The day couldn't get any worse, right? Where is my Manage scripts... button? Nothing works anymore! I can't get no heads, nor tails about which of my scripts are supposed to run on any particular site. All of them are displayed as active. The scripts that used to work just fine, they all stopped working. All of these damn ads are popping up EVERYWHERE! I'm close to a nervous breakdown, can't visit any of my favourite sites anymore without my eyes bleeding out. Damn it all and merry Christmas to ye all.