Reviews for Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data
Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data by Lusito
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14899884, a year agoThis functionality of this addon should be natively in firefox. It used to work well. Unfortunately i had to uninstall it on recent firefox since it was was blocking sites after loading for a couple of seconds.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Styris, 2 years agoConcept it good, but practically it's a different thing. Fails on few scenarios and doesn't delete cookies as often as intended.
Let's say, you want to delete all cookies automatically on startup, except the ones you mention as "Never". But on startup, those unnecessary cookies are not deleted! Why? Because, selecting "On Startup" or "Leave" will not delete cookies automatically for all intended sites. You have to still visit each website and apply "on Startup" or "Leave" for each individual website and then only it gets deleted on startup. Pretty pointless.
Try to work around this, so that, cookies get deleted automatically (except the ones you mention as "Never") without having to visit each and every website and apply individual options.
- Rated 2 out of 5by mecki78, 2 years agoIndexDB and Cache cannot be cleaned on leave. Rules can only define that a domain is cleaned at a different time but you cannot make different clean rules for a domain, like: For this domain, I don't want cookies to be cleaned at all but I still want everything else to be cleaned according to global rules. Thus you can also only choose to clean all cookies or no cookies, no way to make exceptions for single cookies only. Cookie AutoDelete can do all this and has none of the restrictions mentioned.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Matthew L Daniel, 3 years agoIt does not in fact delete local storage, and should update the description to stop claiming that it does until the bugs on the Firefox side or in GitHub issues are fixed; it sets improper expectations
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15243098, 4 years agoDev can you please make this work?
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15243055, 4 years agoLooks nice but the blue flower disappears and it doesnt seem to work (its not in the customize menu)What Firefox Version are you using? Is the add-on listed in your add-ons list (see firefox menu -> add-ons).
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12645688, 4 years agoRequires container tabs now? Oh well, on to the next one. Container tabs are FAR too buggy.
Enabling this addon *forces* container apps enabled.It doesn't require container tabs. It just needs the permission in case you use container tabs so that it can perform the cleanup properly. If you don't use container tabs, Forget Me Not will not use them either.
- Rated 2 out of 5by CanIregisterThisTime, 5 years agoDoesn't always work. I've actually been using this addon from nearly its beginning. I've advocated for it online. However I've noticed that recently it will not get rid of some cookies. Reddit cookies in particular like to stick around, and I do not have reddit whitelisted. I'm not a developer and so I cannot fathom why it's keeping these cookies when it's supposed to remove them. It keeps them even after browser restarts. Also the extension's menu doesn't fit in its little box and so you have to scroll to read it. It's time to try a different addon.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHelp me improve this add-on by telling me why you only gave it 2 stars. I'm very open to suggestions.