Reviews for Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data
Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data by Lusito
- Rated 1 out of 5by HKJunkie, 6 days agoProblem is - it does not delete any cookies. After enabling on-leaving for the domain, and closing the tab. And exiting the browser. And again closing the tab. The cookies, per Mozilla, all 10 of them from the domain are STILL THERE. Makes this useless.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12967254, 8 months agoNo way to change settings on this thing. no icon, no link. nothing.
- Rated 1 out of 5by David, 2 years agoBasura de extension borró todas mis contraseñas guardadas no las puedo recuperar
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13421526, 3 years agoHola, hola estoy iniciando y, por lógica, no tengo ninguna experiencia en este campo, igual y, por la misma razón no puedo emitir ninguna calificación al servicio
- Rated 1 out of 5by cfabbro, 3 years agoUnfortunately this addon doesn't seem to be working anymore for clearing even the cookies from various sites, even though it was working fine a few days ago. I will delete this review if/when they fix the issues.
- Rated 1 out of 5by rsa7b6, 3 years agoThis add is promising a lot but it does not delete cookies even the function is activated.
- Rated 1 out of 5by lunix, 3 years agoDoes not work. Firefox 70. Cool interface, but automatic cleaning does not work at start or exit of firefox
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThanks for taking the time to write a review, but with this little information I can't do anything about it. It's most likely either a misconfiguration or a misunderstanding. If you need help, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Rated 1 out of 5by Wok, 4 years agoI used to think this add-on was more powerful than "Cookie AutoDelete". However, there are bugs, with cookies not being deleted, and this add-on is not maintained (cf. https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/288 ). In contrast, "Cookie AutoDelete" works perfectly fine, and it is maintained!
- Rated 1 out of 5by The Dude, 4 years agoGreat potential brought down by the fact that it simply doesn't work correctly - indexeddb is not deleted for some sites, if at all; only regular cookies are.
You can check for yourself by visiting sites which use indexedb storage and then checking your Firefox options for the presence of their storage records, long after said sites have been closed in the browser.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoFirst of all, thanks for writing a detailed explanation of your issue. What you are experiencing is bad wording of the firefox options. Indexeddb is correctly cleared, but some metadata is leftover. This metadata can not be read by the website. You can read a detailed explanation here: https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/175 .
Also, keep in mind, that indexeddb can not be cleared when leaving a site. Only on startup or manually. I am working with mozilla on a solution for this.