Reviews for Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data
Forget Me Not - Forget cookies & other data by Lusito
Review by Firefox user 15275494
- Rated 1 out of 5by HKJunkie, 6 days agoProblem is - it does not delete any cookies. After enabling on-leaving for the domain, and closing the tab. And exiting the browser. And again closing the tab. The cookies, per Mozilla, all 10 of them from the domain are STILL THERE. Makes this useless.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 12967254, 8 months agoNo way to change settings on this thing. no icon, no link. nothing.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14899884, a year agoThis functionality of this addon should be natively in firefox. It used to work well. Unfortunately i had to uninstall it on recent firefox since it was was blocking sites after loading for a couple of seconds.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Cyuonut, a year agoThis extension used to be great, but after the author iced it (https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/288), and later, when the extension started causing problems with cookies / local storage for all sites (by itself or in combination with some other extension), I had to remove it. Hopefully there will be a return some day.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sigil, a year agoIs this app abandoned? I would pay a modest subscription for this app. The interface and execution are great.
- Rated 5 out of 5by yunh, a year agoIt was a great add-on, but since its development by the author has been terminated, I do not recommend installing it for new users.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Styris, a year agoConcept it good, but practically it's a different thing. Fails on few scenarios and doesn't delete cookies as often as intended.
Let's say, you want to delete all cookies automatically on startup, except the ones you mention as "Never". But on startup, those unnecessary cookies are not deleted! Why? Because, selecting "On Startup" or "Leave" will not delete cookies automatically for all intended sites. You have to still visit each website and apply "on Startup" or "Leave" for each individual website and then only it gets deleted on startup. Pretty pointless.
Try to work around this, so that, cookies get deleted automatically (except the ones you mention as "Never") without having to visit each and every website and apply individual options.