Review by folgoris
- Rated 5 out of 5by ZelGray, 6 days agoIt's very useful add-on for me, but I can't find how to read already viewed and hided articles.
- Rated 4 out of 5by M. Möhling, 10 days agoQuite good. Question: I'd like to import feeds from an old Firefox profile directory, where do I find the needed file for IndexedDB? I didn't to an .opml export, unfortunately.
- Rated 3 out of 5by DisplayName, 14 days agoUsed to be very good, but now none of the newspapers in Norway is working well.
Only text is visible in the feeds.
And why is 3 options in the setting "Remove tags from feed entries" greyed out ?
Can't enable "scripts", "objects" or "applets" ?
Ok, i will reply to the bug reporting mail.
Developer responseposted 13 days agoCan you give some feed URLs that aren't working as you expect?
Script, object and applet tag are automatically filtered out as potentially dangerous tags. Feed entry content should not need such tags and if it does, it should be redesigned.
- Rated 4 out of 5by vexillia, 15 days agoSo far so good. Of course there's a but.
I'm using view 5 with show unread only & manual "mark as read".
When I mark all the items in a folder read with shift-A they are marked as read in the folder view bur not the reading pane. I have to reload the page to remove the read items.
Likewise when I follow shift-A with shift-N, to move to the next folder with unread items, the viewing pane doesn't refresh and shows the read items from the previous folder.
If I'm doing something stupid please let me know how to get what I want.
Posted here because there's no bug or issue tracker available.
Developer responseposted 13 days agoWorks as designed.
1. When you shift-A a feed or folder with "show only unread" mode active, there's really no point in removing articles from the screen. Leaving them visible lets the user to undo the operation fully or partially.
2. When the user moves to the next feed or folder with shift-N, it's not guaranteed that the user wants to load the contents (especially if the user has automatic "mark as read" mode on). The user might very well want to skip to the next one without loading the contents. Therefore you need to press shift-O to load the contents. So shift-N, shift-O combination is the magic.
You can reach us via the Support email address that is on the front page of the Feedbro app page here in AMO. Reviews aren't meant for support requests or bug reports.
- Rated 5 out of 5by SmaugTheDragon, 22 days agoThis is great, bro. Excellent alternative to the discontinued FF RRS feed.
- Rated 4 out of 5by sonofevil, a month agoI'm having the known autoplay issue.
Videos in this feed play automatically in Feedbro, ignoring my Firefox autoplay settings: http://feeds.feedburner.com/vice/oHrN
If I open the article in a new tab, the videos don't autoplay. It only happens in Feedbro.
Developer responseposted a month agoThat feed is incorrectly embedding YouTube videos. In the feed content they use tags like:
[iframe width="320" height="320" frameborder="0" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi846_OMVRA">[/iframe>
which embeds the entire YouTube video page (including comments etc) and makes the browser to autoplay the video.
Instead, they should be using proper embed URL which for that particular video would be:
[iframe frameborder="0" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pi846_OMVRA">[/iframe>
Note. html tags modified slightly (< to [) to make them visible here.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Mylk, a month agoIt's fairly good rss reader, but if you want to delete an article or open the links in the background you have to do it 1by1, there is no possibility to select multiple.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Aayan Saiks, a month agoThis one is very useful for my business. I highly recommended this extension to every one.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Daywalker81, a month ago4/5. Für den letzten Stern fehlen mir ein paar Sachen:
* Ich würde den CSS der Feed-Ansichten gern selbst gestalten. Ich hätte zum Beispiel gern in View Mode 1 die Titelleiste des Feed immer oben sichtbar (sticky). Oder in Ansicht 4 würde ich gern vollständig die Breite der Cards und die Höhe des sichtbaren Textes einstellen können (dann mit einstellbarem Zeichen- /Wort- / Paragrafenlimit).
* Tasten zum Löschen / Gelesen / Favoriten wären in jeder Ansicht auch in allen Listen sehr hilfreich.
Trotz meiner Kritik dein super Tool, welches ich täglich nutze.
Vielen Dank dafür!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17759329, a month agoGreat add-on for rss. Unfortunately it seems not working since last update(4.14.2 I guess), and the latest update(4.15.2) doesn't fix it for me.
The problem is that all feeds fail to update, but the "load" button in feed's properties return status "OK".
I'm on firefox version 110.0(64-bit) for ubuntu.
The problem is solved with the help of developers. It is caused by an incorrect entry at the top of feed lists with which Feedbro chokes and thus unable to update all other feeds. If similar problem occurs to you, try removing incorrect entry in your list if there's any.
- Rated 4 out of 5by AA_WW, a month agoThis is a great add-on. I use it every day but since the update of 17/03/23 ALL my feeds disappeared. I'm using 110.0 (64-bit) Firefox browser. Help please!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14960273, 2 months agoVk плагин перестал работать.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThanks for the note. We have already fixed this and submitted Feedbro 4.15.2 but it's pending review in Mozilla Add-on Store review queue.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Ralf E., 2 months agoHello, i really like this addon. I use it to notify me about new YouTube vidoes from my subscribed channels.
The only thing that i am missing is, when i click the popup, where the "blue number" appears telling you there are "XX" new entries, it would be great that after clicking on it, it would reset that blue number counter to 0. Just like YouTube does with its notifications.
Is this currently possible, maybe with rules ?
So, dont mark all articles read, just reset the popup blue number to 0 once you opened the popup.
To speak in coding language:
var popupLastViewTime = "08.02.2023 13:06:33"
and then, all articles older than that do not increase the "blue number counter", articles newer to that date, will increase the "blue number counter".
Developer responseposted 2 months agoThis won't be implemented. The reason is that the number on the Feedbro WebExtension icon tells the number of unread articles. The user might very well want to retain that information even after clicking the icon and reading a few articles. That's because the number would then remind the user that there are still some unread left.
If you want that number to go away, you can always use "Mark all as read" (first select the "All Items" main menu item and then click the green checkmark icon or press Shift+a) which will then mark all unread articles as read.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13407666, 3 months agoAlmost perfect, this extension only missing a way to sync feeds between computers.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15166984, 3 months agoFeedbro rocks and I have been using it for almost two years. I noticed the developer checks reviews here so maybe I can make a feature request? I would really appreciate a Read/Unread button on the View Mode 4 tiles if that is possible!