- Rated 3 out of 5by Aseliot, a year agoCompared to extensions like Last Pass etc. I am not missing much except for the functionality to auto-fill in forms? At least I never see it appearing anywhere if it does exist.
Also asking for the master password again when copying passwords is missing?
Other than that I have no complaints, these features are not required to have a good experience but would definitely be very useful additions user- and security-wise.
- Rated 3 out of 5by mburkard, a year agoFor the most part a good password manager.
It's really bad at automatically detecting account creation and password change forms (a lot worse than OnePass and Firefox password manager) so if you're not careful to tell Bitwarden you're password manually it can cause problems.
Still my password manager of choice since it's free, open source, and feature-full.Thanks for the support and feedback, it can help to disable your browser's ability to manage credentials: https://bitwarden.com/help/getting-started-browserext/#disable-a-built-in-password-manager or contact the support team directly at https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12775469, a year agoThe browser extension for is missing features that the app has. Some of these things are pretty important to make the extension competitive with other password managers. The biggest missing thing for me personally is the ability to switch between my personal account and my work account.Hey there! There should be parity between Firefox, Chrome and iOS. Let us know what feature you are looking for, or contact our support team directly https://bitwarden.com/contact/
- Rated 3 out of 5by Xzenor, a year agoWorks okay but don't bother with the biometric login.. it's a buggy mess. Logging in seems to work and when you click it it's locked again. Useless. Just use the unlock password.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14281865, 2 years agoI'm basically very satisfied with the Bitwarden service, but this firefox extension starts to annoy as it has kept forgetting its vault and my configuration for simplified unlocking multiple times within a few weeks only. Couldn't even log in here without using the desktop app for the browser extension is busy with syncing for ages after login. It was working fine yesterday, but today everythings lost (in context of my browser). Haven't finished syncing even now after writing down this assessment.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ikarisan, 2 years agoThis extension is very annoying iff you use it in "attached mode". Let's say you are creating a new account on site X. The normal workflow (for me) is to open the password manager beside the registration form of the website. You chose a username, enter it into the form and the pw manager... let generate the pw manager a secret password and paste it into the "new user formular" and so on. But this is really impossible when using this extension in the undetached mode. Every time you switch the focus from the extensions' window to the website the window closes and forgets all entries made (username, URL..). So it it impossible to generate a secret pw, paste it into the sites' form and return to the bitwarden window to save the new entry. The only way to add a new entry in a (for human) natural flow is to detach the bitwarden window from Firefox and enter the sites' data (username, password, URL, directory...) by hand one by one. :(
- Rated 3 out of 5by roadmouse, 2 years agov1.56.6 stopped working in for me in FF dev edition 98.0b9 (64-bits) on Win10. Never had issues before, but I can't log in and just see a spinner. Reinstalling did not help, downgrading to the previous version fixed the issue.
- Rated 3 out of 5by flupke01, 2 years agoWhen not logged in, it keeps asking for saving credentials for sites. When choosing never to save, it will ask the same question again. Only way to stop this is by logging in. Even though I click "Never for this website", it won't remember my selection for certain sites. The second: The auto-fill feature doesn't work properly on certain sites and it's an annoying process to disable it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Tarantula, 2 years agoProduct is great, firefox extension not so much, on the GUI side I would like to have the save button at the bottom of the fillable forms (new vault item, new send , etc, as well as at the top as it is now, but when you are filling a new item after the last field I keep trying to find a save button at the bottom (where my focus is closer to) , this is a problem for me because bad eyesight, and I am sure am not the only one.
On the functionality side, I see no option to set default behavior for SEND items (hide my email by default, expiration days, etc) And i have to be selecting that same option every time I create a new Send, this settings should be able to be set by default.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Aki, 2 years agoPretty good free password manager. Love that it's free, but one large annoyance with the add-on is that it doesn't prompt to add a login when you create a new account. I have to create, log out, and then log in to get the prompt to show. A fairly large annoyance for me.
Overall, 2 annoyances:
- the prompt issue mentioned above
- no way to auto-fill the password field when generating a password, but since I can't save a new password without logging out first, not having that option saves me from accidentally losing my password
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16990091, 2 years agoDesperately needs to save generated passwords immediately. Clipboard is not good enough, because the addon ALMOST always detects a new login. ALMOST IS NOT ALWAYS.
I need my password manager to ALWAYS work, and not lock me out of the HR portal for my new job on my first day.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15994804, 2 years agoI am computer literate. In the mid 60's I was a Systems Programer on IBM mainframes. Unfortunately, at 82 years of age, I'm having a difficult time doing install. Advice please.