- by Firefox user 14905998, 4 months agoRated 2 out of 5Great Concept _ but BAD creation.
1) anything above 100 % - there is a slight hum the background.
2) it doesn't "stay assigned" - Everytime i open firefox, I need to re-assign it to the level I need. .. ALL of the other extensions ... stay the way I set them - like my ad-blocker I do not "need to" ... 'turn it on' ... for every use.
I turn it on, set it & forget about it ...
this one I constantly need to "re-assign the level I had set the last time I had the browser open"
3) ( all of your keyboard shortcuts are already assigned by YOUTUBE, # keys refer to the chapter you want to watch, Arrow keys ALREADY assigned to control "move page up or down on page" , Right & Left arrows ( ALREADY assigned to move forward or Backward in video by ) 5 seconds.
4) STOP the constant need to ask questions !
( upon every use ) .. do you want to use this ad free - or pay for a premium to remove ads.
Yes - I am fine with banner ads.
Why the constant NEED to ask - if I already told you the answer.
if the extension app asks any more (stupid questions )... a questions I have already answered multiple times previously ) _ i will change my rating to a 0 star.
- by Traegger, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5I advise Firefox users not to install this poorly written extension.
The "details" section lists 4 feature bullet points and several quotes from positive user reviews. There are no instructions there, or anywhere. If the developer had spent 5 minutes browsing other extensions, he'd know that the details section is for instructions.
There is no settings page. Normally, an extension offers, if nothing else, alternative hotkeys in case, like me, a user is already using the extension's default hotkey.
Using this extension to switch to the tab with sound doesn't work if the tab is in a different Firefox window, making this feature more or less useless.
After trying the extension on several web sites that play sound, I find the extension is sometimes capable of increasing the volume but sometimes has no effect.
- by molitar, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5Does not work for all sites.. why does a volume control seemed to be limited for what sites work? It should just boost any volume being played through Firefox.
Second problem is that if you turn it up while video is playing it restarts video at the beginning? WHY? That makes no sense.
Third problem is that for every site you have to re-open because it shows it is at 600% but it's actually not maxed. Open the extension and you will see it has reset itself to 100%
1. Seems to interfere with videos when changing volumes
2. Opening new tab it will still show the 600% but open it and it's actually reset to 100%
3. Being sound control it should work on all sites but it does not
4. No hot keys that I could find to set to max so have to keep opening it and dragging to max for ever new tab.
- by Firefox user 16975778, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5It is working great, but I am not able to use it when I am manipulating the playback speed of video in YouTube, so if you are like me who often manipulates the playback speed then this extension is not for you, or else I would request the devs to see into this and resolve this bug or whatever issue it is in the upcoming update, apart from this the extension is seemless and no issues faced as of now.
- by Sabaton, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Normally this works perfectly fine but I'm running into a problem at the moment.. it isn't working for a YouTube video. No idea why!
When it works, amazing ad on but when it doesn't it's just super frustrating.
- by Á., a year agoRated 2 out of 5It doesn't work reliably for me, which is disappointing because it looks like it does for everyone else =( In sites like Twitter and WhatsApp, which don't constantly play sound but do sometimes, I have to set the volume back to 100% and then up to whatever level I want whenever I haven't played a sound in a while. This is without closing the tab or navigating away, and with the icon still showing the higher volume :(