Πολιτική απορρήτου του Web of Trust, MyWOT/WOT: Website Reputation Rating
Web of Trust, MyWOT/WOT: Website Reputation Rating από WOT Services
Web of Trust (WOT)
(Last updated October 28, 2021)
Web of Trust, operated by WOT Services LP (“WOT”), is a worldwide community of millions of users dedicated to creating and maintaining a safe and trustworthy web experience. The WOT services help our users make informed decisions while browsing the web, by indicating for our users, by way of a green, yellow or red “traffic light” next to their search results, the reputation of each website they visit. The WOT services, offered through our browser add-on extensions (“WOT Extension”), involve the collection and analysis of data necessary for the supply of the WOT services.
The use of information received from Google API will adhere to the Chrome Web Store User Data Policy including the Limited Use requirements.
Information We Collect
We may collect, from you and about you, information that identifies or can reasonably be used to identify an individual (referred to herein as “Personal Information”) and information that does not and cannot identify you (referred herein as “Non-Personal Information”).
WOT goes to great lengths, and invests substantial resources, to avoid disclosing Personal Information. This includes the use of various state-of-the-art anonymization, data cleaning and aggregation techniques to identify and remove Personal Information from information we collect with the goal of storing only Non-Personal Information.
Information You Provide Directly – We may collect information directly from you, as follows:
• Customer Support Information– You may voluntarily provide us with information when you contact us for customer support, such as your name and email address. We will use any Personal Information received for customer support purposes to communicate with you and support you, and we will not share it with any third parties, except as reasonably necessary to provide customer support.
Automatically Collected Information – When you install and use the WOT Extension, we also collect from you automatically information related to your use of the WOT Extension. This information may include, without limitation, the following:
• WOT Extension Data - Internet Protocol (IP) address (irreversibly encrypted and hashed on a daily basis as well as trimmed to permanently remove specific location information other than country, city & postal code, hence we cannot trace the IP back to an individual or device); WOT user ID, which is a random number we generate to keep track of the data sets we collect; device type, operating system and browser type; information related to your purchases on e-commerce websites, including the names, quantities, and prices of products you purchased, but excluding any Personal Information; and browsing data that includes search engine results page (keyword, order/index of results, link of result, title, description, ads), web pages visited and time stamp of the visit (“Browsing Data”). To avoid processing any Personal Information and to transfer solely Non-Personal Information to our servers, we clean and scrub the Browsing Data on your device prior to transferring it to our servers.
How We Use the Data
WOT uses the information collected from or about our users for operational and business purposes in the following ways:
• Customer Support Information- we use this information solely to provide you with the support you have requested. The lawful basis for processing this data is the legitimate interest we have in addressing your request.
• WOT Extension Data- we use the WOT Extension Data for our legitimate interests in enhancing, improving and providing the WOT Services.
Sharing Collected Data with Third Parties
We share Personal Information under the following circumstances:
• For security and fraud detection.
• As required by law or regulation.
• In the event of a merger and acquisition.
• For the purpose of providing the services. We share WOT Extension Data with third-party service providers and our affiliated companies who help us deliver elements of the WOT service. WOT users may opt-out of sharing and collecting this data at any time by following the steps mentioned below in the section “Your Rights”.
When you use the WOT Extension, we may use the following third party tools:
Data Transfers, Storage and Security
We will take the necessary steps to ensure that any international transfers of Personal Information meet all statutory requirements under applicable data protection law. In particular, when Personal Information collected within the European Economic Area (" EEA ") is transferred outside the EEA, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that the transfer of such information provides adequate safeguards and is conducted pursuant to standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union, and you may exercise your rights (where applicable) to receive information on the relevant transfer mechanism.
While there are inherent risks involved in all data transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks, and other security risks that apply to stored data, and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of your information, we use our best efforts, using industry-standard encryption and security technologies and methods, to collect and store information collected from you in a secure and safe manner.
Where foreseen under applicable law, as is the case within the European Union, you may have the right to ask us to delete Personal Information which you have provided to us (subject to applicable exceptions, such as in order to preserve that information for anticipated litigation or demands from a regulator) or have some or all of the following additional rights: the right to obtain information on our use of your Personal Information, the right to obtain a copy thereof, the right to data portability, the right of data rectification, the right to object to the processing of data based on our legitimate interests, the right to restriction of the processing, and the right to withdraw your consent.
In relation to these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may request certain information in order to confirm your identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, such as in circumstances where your request is excessive. We will use our best efforts to respond to your request within applicable required timeframes. In addition, you may (subject to applicable law, as is the case within the European Union) have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Note that you may opt out of the WOT Extension Data collection described above by changing the options selected in the “Settings” menu so that the “Real-time Protection” option is set to “Off”. After you opt out, we will no longer automatically collect the WOT Extension Data.
Updates & Revisions
California Consumer Privacy Act
This section applies only to California consumers and describes the Personal Information that WOT collects, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the circumstances under which we share Personal Information, and the parties with which we share it. The term “Personal Information” in this section has the meaning given to it in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
How We Collect, Use, and Share your Personal Information
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
• Identifiers, such as your name, e-mail address and IP address. We collect this information directly from you or from your device when you voluntarily register.
• Identifiers used to confirm whether you have purchased access or a license to WOT Extension Premium Package. We collect this information from third-party payment processors, such as Stripe. This information does not include payment details used to charge a payment method.
• Other Personal Information, in instances requesting and receiving customer support.
The specific types of Personal Information of a California resident that we collect, use and disclose may depend on the specific goods and services provided to such resident and the circumstances of our interaction with such resident. For more information, please refer to the section above entitled “Information We Collect” And “Cookies and Third Party Tools”.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the CCPA regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
• Right of access: you have the right to request that we disclose to you what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months. You may make up to 2 requests in a 12-month period.
• Right of deletion: you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
• Right to non-discrimination: you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA.
How to Exercise your California Rights
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to:
• Access this policy in an alternative format;
• Exercise your rights;
• Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or
• Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
You can exercise your rights by sending us a request that includes sufficient details in order for us to evaluate and respond to it. You may do so directly on your own behalf, or you can designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent's identity for the purpose of protecting your Personal Information. Such verification may necessitate the collection of Personal Information about you and/or your authorized agent. Please note that if we are unable to verify your identity or the identity of your agent making the request, we may decline your request to exercise your California rights.
We try to respond to all verified requests within 45 days of receiving them; in certain circumstances, we may need up to 90 days to respond, in which case we will notify you that we require additional time and explain the reason for such extension.
California “Shine the Light” Law
In addition to the CCPA rights described above, California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section §1798.83) grants California residents who have an established business relationship with us the right to request, no more than once per calendar year, certain information regarding the disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make a request under such law, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and value your input. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com