To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
Waterfox browser is based on Firefox and will keep legacy add-on support.
There is no "please port it" or "please add support for it" this time, because the entire add-on eco system changes and the technology behind this kind of add-on gets dropped without replacement.
GlassMyFox enables more AeroGlass effects on the default Firefox skin.
AeroGlass must be enabled in Windows 7/Vista!
Many menus, toolbars and windows are transparent but transparency is not possible everywhere.
- enable/disable Glass effects
- enable/disable Glass effects and use custom tabs
- enable/disable Glass effects and use "GMF tabs"
- enable/disable Glass effects and use alt. tabs
- enable/disable dropdownmenu black/white text colors/shadows
- enable/disable toolbar black/white text colors/shadows
- enable/disable white tab text
- enable/disable higher tabs
- enable/disable combined favicon/closebutton
- enable/disable white toolbar buttons
- enable/disable menu seperator
- enable/disable higher bookmarks toolbar
- Use "Glass with custom tabs", if tab background is being altered by another extension.
- Sometimes Windows doesn't allow dropdown menus to be transparent after installation. To solve this Firefox has to be restarted. Its not a bug of this extension, but how Windows renders "Glass" areas.
Transparent "New Tab"/"about:blank"/"about:newtab"
The "Stylish"-extension has to be installed and enabled (no need to setup there anything), because GMF uses its feature to make those pages transparent.
This addon only works on Windows 7 and Windows Vista, so don't try it on other OSs, it won't work.
Windows 8/10 does not offer AeroGlass by default, but Aero Glass for Windows 8/10 can restore old window transparency.
Interested in "Glass" for your favorite mail client? If yes, GlassMyBird may be something for you.
Note - 'Add-on Compatibility Reporter' add-on
Do not use the mentioned add-on to report potential issues, because...
1) ...most reports do not contain any information or issue description.
2) ...there is no way to respond or to verify such reports.
3) ...reports do not provide enough system and configuration information.
Use GMFs support forum to report potential issues.
This add-on only works on Windows 7 and Vista with active AeroGlass!
Windows XP and Windows 8/10 do not offer AeroGlass by default, but Aero Glass for Winows 8/10 can restore window transparency on Windows 8/10.
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 1.4.1beta2