Aby tysace dodankow wopytował, kótarež su how k dispoziciji, ześěgniśo Mozilla Firefox, malsna, dermotna móžnosć, web pśeglědowaś!Zacyniś
Witajśo k dodankam Firefox.
Wubjeŕśo z tysacow pśidatnych funkcijow a stilow, aby Firefox pó swójich pótrěbnosćach pśiměrił.Zacyniś
Wó toś tom dodanku
New Tab Override brings back the ability to change the page which is shown when opening a new tab.
Since Firefox 41 it's no longer possible to customize the page shown in a new tab via changing the preference browser.newtab.url in about.config. Because of the fact that hijackers abused the preference in the past, Mozilla decided to remove it. Fortunately, by removing it, Mozilla also introduced a new API to bring this functionality back to life as an add-on. This add-on allows the user to choose a certain page in a new tab. New Tab Override, today with more than 100,000 users, was the first add-on providing this functionality and is therefore the original.
New Tab Override is a WebExtension and also compatible with Firefox 57 and later.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR USERS OF PREVIOUS VERSIONS - PLEASE READ
New Tab Override was developed from the ground up as so-called WebExtension. This makes New Tab Override compatible with Firefox 57 and later. Not all options of the previous version are currently available as WebExtension. As soon as Mozilla implements support for missing functionalities in Firefox, they will be integrated in a future update of New Tab Override.
You have to re-configure the add-on. After the update the settings page will automatically be opened.
- change the new tab page to whatever URL you like
- use about:blank as new tab page
- use about:home as new tab page
- get the latest news about Mozilla as new tab page (only in German language)
- set the focus either to the address bar or to the web site (for example Google search field)
- beautiful settings UI to make it easy to customize your new tab experience
- live validation for custom URL so that you get direct feedback
The settings interface can also be accessed via the keyboard. For this purpose the combination Shift + F12 is reserved. It is also possible to open the settings interface via entering newtab settings in the address bar.
There are already some features planned for the future but these features are still in the investigation phase so there is nothing to announce yet. Please suggest your feature requests in the issues tracker.
The extension is currently available in the following languages:
- Dutch (Thanks, Tonnes!)
- Upper Sorbian (Thanks, milupo!)
- Lower Sorbian (Thanks, milupo!)
The extension requires at least Firefox 55. Because the extension makes use of modern web technologies and the latest WebExtension APIs, support for older versions of Firefox is not possible for technical reasons.
- [ENHANCEMENT] added support for custom background color! You can use any color as background color for the new tab page
- [ENHANCEMENT] allow to set the focus on the web page instead of the address bar also on about:home
- [ENHANCEMENT] updated some textes to make it even more clear that the file:// protocol is no longer supported due to Firefox restrictions. Suggest new local file option or the use of a local web server as alternatives
- [TRANSLATION] updated translations (Thanks, Tonnes and milupo!)
- [CODE QUALITY] refactored the visibility handling of advanced options
- [DEPENDENCY] updated ESLint from version 4.4.1 to 4.5.0