Willkommen bei den Thunderbird-Add-ons.
Fügen Sie Zusatzfunktionen und Stile hinzu, um sich Thunderbird zu Eigen zu machen.Schließen
Über dieses Add-on
If you have issues, please try the development version, then see TROUBLESHOOTING if you still have issues with this addon.
Although there already exists an add-on called "Equations" which more or less does the same thing, I was dissatisfied with Equation's method: Equation simply replaces LaTeX tags by images that point to a remote server. This means the images are not included in your email (the recipient must be connected to the internet to view the images) and one must rely on the availability of an external service to view the formulae. Conversely, this extension runs LaTeX on your computer. This means:
1) you have full control over size, fonts, quality, rendering, and more importantly which packages are included (amsmath...),
2) you are not limited to formulae : any LaTeX code can be converted to an image, through a special "insert dialog",
3) you can specify a default template to generate formulae: that way, you can choose your own default style, including colors, fonts...,
4) unfortunately, the process of convert all formulae to images is slower since LaTeX is run for every formula found; however, the results are cached, so after converting all the formulae, you can just undo everything (there is an "undo" option), correct the wrong formula, and only the changed formula will trigger a LaTeX run next time you convert everything,
5) this also implies that you need to have a working LaTeX installation on your computer, but there is a wizard that automatically checks the required software is present.
IMPORTANT: Images are converted from .tex to .png through .dvi and .ps. This is the fastest process (because divps can generate a bounding-box so that the resulting ps has almost the right size), but it requires you to have ImageMagick installed, because we use their "convert" utility. See http://www.imagemagick.org/download/www/binary-releases.html Please use a 32-bit ImageMagick on 64-bit Windows, 64-bit versions of ImageMagick are known to fail.
IMPORTANT: if you are running Windows, you must also install GhostScript, convert depends on this program to be able to interpret .ps files. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/
IMPORTANT: if you are running MacOS, you need to launch Thunderbird from the Terminal or setup your PATH properly. See LatexIt! and OSX for instructions.
This extension might switch to a better production chain in future versions but this is what gives the best results for the moment (using pdftex then convert yields poorer image quality).
As usual, feel free to report any comment, bug, feature request, idea to me. And don't forget: I cannot contact you if you leave a comment, so don't expect an answer. Use the Need help with this addon? section near the top right corner of the page.
Der Entwicklerkanal ermöglicht es Ihnen, eine experimentelle neue Version dieses Add-ons zu testen, bevor es der Öffentlichkeit zur Verfügung gestellt wird. Sobald Sie die Entwicklerversion installieren, erhalten Sie weiter Updates über diesen Kanal. Wenn Sie keine Updates der Entwicklerversion mehr erhalten möchten, installieren Sie die normale Version über obigen Link neu.
Achtung: Entwicklerversionen dieses Add-ons wurden nicht von Mozilla überprüft.
- Version 0.6.2.110315pre