- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon LLLLLLLllllllIIIIIiiii:::..|°|, vor 4 MonatenThis addon is ruthless and destructive and unusable!
Developer should please correct its misbehavior:
I have tested on an old Firefox session which has several hundreds of tabs over several windows. Though after fresh start of session only few tabs are actually loaded. Yet this addon upon activating it started to hog the system's RAM like a glutton.
**Devastating result**: In Process Explorer on overall the System Commit began at 24 GB and with this addon activated it climbed and climbed to 36 GB and went on going for MORE !!
That's where I had to abort this "operation", because system RAM here is 32 GB and all became unresponsive, Firefox's windows went gray.
Luckily deactivation of addon was functioning, so Firefox survived this and OS didn't kill it.
Fellow heavy users beware! This addon will potentially kill your Firefox session !!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12218180, vor einem JahrThis add-on freezes the browser and crashes the computer if you have a lot of tabs. There should be a warning about this in the description.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon RailRoad_attack, vor einem JahrDon't download the app! It only can zoom up to 300%... CTRL + SCROLL can zoom up to 500%. Why download an extension that does worse than FireFox?
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon molitar, vor 2 JahrenVersion 19.1 is totally broken! Sankakucomplex when I open video in new tab it will not load until I hit refresh. Stick with version 19.0 it just works!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon pound_hash, vor 2 JahrenIt doesn't seem to work. I set the options to "let the browser manage per-site full zoom" and "zoom type" to "text". But when I use the extension to zoom, it does a full zoom instead of zooming the text only.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Meg8, vor 3 JahrenUninstalled and using the built in functionality in Firefox. I enjoyed using this add-on before but the privacy trade off in having so many permissions just isn't worth a few niche zoom modes. The recent problems have opened my eyes. I hadn't noticed Firefox allows changing the default zoom level and remembers site specific perfectly. This add-on since 2020 is unnecessary and possibility a liability for 99% of users.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Ramakrishna, vor 3 JahrenWhy to add this addon anymore? I discover Firefox added default zoom in version 73! It is under Options, General, Zoom. This was big problem before because Firefox can remember and save after changing site but always started with the 100%. But since v73 you can change starting level to something other 100%. Maybe some very special zoom mode exists with this addon but I think for most user there is no reason anymore. I use zoom addons for long time like No Squint because it was necessary, now I don't think so. Also I have some doubts about the permissions. Why zoom needs to access all data like password entered on site.Zoom Page WE does a lot more than just changing the default zoom level, for example, AutoFit Zoom, Text Only Zoom and Minimum Font Size. The permission to access data for all websites is necessary to provide these advanced zoom features. Please see the reply to Zigbi below for more details.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Zigbi, vor 3 JahrenReverted to version 17.3 and now all the site zoom levels I had built over 2 years are gone. Unacceptably unprofessional software development approach, this is more than just a broken untested update it is a destructive update.
I have migrated to Fixed Zoom by Ariel which works and only needs the permission:
Access browser tabs
Zoom Page We needs permissions:
Read and modify browser settings
Display notifications to you
Access browser tabs
Access browser activity during navigation
Access your data for all websites
I previously thought these permissions were necessary and named in a scary way by Firefox but seeing Fixed Zoom can do the same thing without them I question whether Zoom Page WE should be used at all, even if the update is fixed.
I strongly recommend moving to Fixed Zoom or some other alternative.Zoom Page WE 18.1 fixes this problem.
Zoom Page WE does a lot more than just changing the default zoom level, for example, AutoFit Zoom, Text Only Zoom and Minimum Font Size. The permissions listed above are necessary to provide these advanced zoom features.
To provide these advanced zoom features, Zoom Page WE needs to be able to inject a content script into each web page. This is reported by Firefox as having permission to access data for all websites. Zoom Page WE is not interested in the meaning of the data and does not do anything with the data other than changing the size of text and images.